Problem Syncing

SarahC82
Padawan

Problem Syncing

Anyone else having a new issue with trying to access your child’s grades and schedule via PowerSchool? Mine has been saying it cannot refresh data and they are working on fixing the issue. It’s been a week. I am still able to get push notifications when grades are changed. The app is up to date. And trying to get help from an actual person or using the chat feature is impossible.
12 Replies
tatifl
Journeyman

I've been having the same problem for over a week now. Wondering if they actually are working on it and if so why is it taking so long! Tried to contact them as well to no avail!

CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Some users on this site have reported that logging out of the app and logging back in has resolved the issue. You should also make sure you have the most up to date version of the mobile app.

CM

SarahC82
Padawan

The app is up to date, I’ve checked numerous times (which is why I posted in the original feed that the app is up to date).
kdzcme1st

Problem solved, Thank you!
BrittanyL
Hobbyist

How did you solve the problem? I've had parents uninstall and reinstall and the app is still having the syncing error?

BrittanyL
Hobbyist

All of this has been done and it's still an issue

CDufour
Padawan

I am also having a lot of users of that app that are running into a "Problem Syncing" error. I will advise them to make sure the app is completely up to date and to log out and back in. Will report back if it worked out for us.

tatifl
Journeyman

I reached out to support due to same issue and received an email this morning with the following instructions which worked for me. The app now is working fine with no syncing errors:
You said you were getting the sync error pop up on the powerSchool app, right? They sent me this fix and it worked!
◦ Hard close the app (swipe up)
◦ Then, uninstall the app, turn off your phone for at least 30 seconds, and then reinstall the app.
◦ Then try forcing the mobile app to re-pull the district information:
◦ After logging out of the mobile app, you should see four boxes on the login screen, this is for the district code. Tap on the link right below the District Code that says “Where is my district code?”
◦ On the page that comes up tap “Enter Server Address” and then enter the URL in the box on the next page and hit submit. Note: The URL is your parent portal link.
CDufour
Padawan

Thank you for this, I will have my users give it a shot!

Edit: My users are reporting that this fixed their issues as well. Thank you again!

cbishop01

This finally worked for me as well. I tried all these steps last week and it didnt work, just tried it and now i'm good to go. Thank you!

BrittanyL
Hobbyist

Just kidding. Followed all of these steps and it worked!

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you still having syncing issues, please notify your child's campus or district. They will be able to submit a support case with PowerSchool to allow us to identify the issue as we continue working with our developers.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support