Notification alerts aren't working anymore

Highlighted
efitterman
Hobbyist

Notification alerts aren't working anymore

I recently upgraded to a new phone and now notifications aren't working. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app and made sure all settings are turned on for notifications. Yet grades are changing (I can see them on my desktop) but I am not getting any alerts.

iPhone 8 running iOS 11.3.1

7 Replies
Community Moderator MichelleB
Community Moderator

Re: Notification alerts aren't working anymore

Hi efitterman

Can you please clarify, the notifications you see not working at the moment, are they the Community Notifcations, or are these associated with a specific PowerSchool product?  

Thanks,

Michelle B
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
efitterman
Hobbyist

For the PowerSchool product app on my phone.
Community Moderator

Hi efitterman,

Thank you for clarifying that this is using PowerSchool Mobile.  The good new is you can see the notifications from your desktop, so it doesn't appear to be a sync issue or an account issue.  One option you can try is to force a sync.

To perform a force sync:

1. Place your finger near the top of the white part of the screen (not the very top) and swipe down
2. When you swipe your finger, it should start the sync process with the server.

Please wait up to a few minutes for this to complete. You will know that the sync process has completed when the Loading bar has vanished.

If performing these steps did not refresh the grades, try to sign out of the app and back in to it. If that does not work, I would recommend you attempt to access it on another mobile device to make sure the problem is not with the device itself. If both devices have the same issue, then I'd recommend you submit a case to Mobile Support.  You can reach Support under the More > Account > Feedback options within the mobile app.

I hope that this corrects the issue you are having. 

Michelle B

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
efitterman
Hobbyist

I don't understand what you mean. There is no white part of the screen and when I do swipe down, no sync process or loading bar show up. 

Please post a screenshot of what you are referring to.

I've already contact PowerSchool support before I even posted here. They were no help.

Community Moderator

Hi effitrerman,

Your situation sounds frustrating, and I apologize if I have added to that.  I don't directly support the Mobile product, so was sending you information I obtained through research, and not from my own experience.  I am trying to track down screen shots or a quick video of the force sync process. 

You mentioned that you reached out to PowerSchool Support, and I can see that there is still a case open to investigate the issue causing your missing notifications. At this point, you will best served to work directly with a Support agent who can help troubleshoot your specific situation.  We are contacting that team to let them know that you have reached out through the Community looking for additional assistance to resolve this issue. 

Michelle B

efitterman
Hobbyist

PowerSchool support has been useless. I haven't received a response from them in a week after they offered to do a test for me. I even tested the app on an old iPad that is running iOS 9 thinking maybe there is conflict with iOS 11.3 and it still didn't work.

I've tried every work-around. Uninstalling/reinstalling, resetting network, turning phone off and on. When I look at the grades in the app, they are not synced. I wait a few seconds and then they update. That tells me if they aren't syncing on their own, I wouldn't get notification when a grade goes up or down. But according to PowerSchool support, this issue is not on their side...it's my device. However, all 3 devices????

Community Moderator

Hi efitterman

I am sorry that this has been a difficult issue to troubleshoot. We did follow up and can see that Support has reached out to you again. They will continue to work with you through the support case. Please do reach out if you feel we can help in any way or if you would like to follow up to let us know what the problem ended up being. 

Michelle B