New Android App V 2.0 for the Parent/Student Portal

Highlighted

Re: New Android App V 2.0 for the Parent/Student Portal

Absolutely disgusting how you broke the app and then stonewall about this. Hundreds of parents depend on this app and you cut them off at the knees and now you are stonewalling. Great Job!!

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

I'm sorry you are facing difficulties utilising the Parent Mobile app. @high_schooler_parent 

The school district should be able to work with PowerSchool Support to look into and resolve any issues that users are experiencing. We strongly recommend that you reach out to the school district to share your experiences.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted

I already said that the district says they never had a district code and don't have one now. Sorry but all this handwaving and continuing of the stonewalling completely ignores the issue that this app did, in fact, __WORK FOR ME__ for years before needing a district code and was working with the same school and login all the way up to the update which then broke it. Whether or not there was a need for a district code, forcing a completel re-login and re-processing of everything on an already working app looks like PowerSchool wants to squeeze more money out of school districts when enough parents complain about this. As I said in other posts here, absolutely disgusting.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: V2.0 on Android 10

I'm sorry that you continue to face difficulty utilising the Parent Mobile app @high_schooler_parent

We recently updated our security parameters to better serve our users, we have also made some security certifications mandatory on the district side to improve secure transport of data among our users, their districts and our portals.

You can find more information on the thread that I have linked below

V2.0 on Android 10

Hope this helps!

Bishal G.
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

I just wanted to update

so we finally figured out it was out load balancer verison was out to date and was not compatible with the new Andriod verison of PS parent/student app. We are literaly taking the load balancer aprt little by little to make the update.

hope this helps

Highlighted
Trainee

Any update on the new Android app? I keep getting instructed to contact the school, the school said there is nothing they can do. The new android app hasnt hasn't refreshed since December, i logged out to try and fix the issue, now it will not let me log back in.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times, current version, older versions, doesn't matter.

I still get the same error

[Error]<HTTP Connection

<javax.net.ssl.SSL.HandshakeException:

java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorExceptoin: Trust anchor for certification path not found.>>

Powerschool mobile support doesn't recognize an error, just that i should keep uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Is anyone else on Android still having issues??

I have no issues loggin in on desktop, no issues borrowing an iPad and logging int. There is something defintiely buggy about the android version.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kbillings,

I am sorry you are facing difficulty when trying to log into the PowerSchool Mobile app.

A few months ago we made some important security certifications mandatory on the PowerSchool Mobile Android app to improve security when transferring data among users, their districts and our portals.  These certificates have to be implemented on the district side so that functionality can be restored for users of the PowerSchool Mobile Android App for that district.

We strongly recommend that you reach out to the school district and share your experience.  It should help them register a case with the PowerSchool Mobile Support team and the team should be able to take a look at the district set up to implement the necessary changes.

Bishal G.