Help

I'm unable to create Parent Account

dnilutpal
Recruit

I'm unable to create Parent Account

Hi,

I followed the below steps to create a parent account for my 3rd-grade kid in TMS Cary, but I couldn't proceed because I was getting errors. I have provided the valid student details that I received from School. 
"<Student name> has not been added to your account. Valid student information must be entered"

Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Appreciate your help.

Create a Parent Account

A parent account allows you to view the information for one or more students with a single sign in. You can also manage your personal account preferences.

To create a parent account, enter the following information:

• Name - Your first and last name
  • Email - Student notifications and correspondence related to your parent account will be sent to this email
  • Desired Username - Your username is your unique PowerSchool identity
  • Password - Your password must be at least 8 characters long
  • Student Access Information - Information for a minimum of one student, including the student name, Access ID, Access Password, and your relationship to the student

Thanks,
Neel

1 Reply
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @dnilutpal 

This error could be a result of inputting the student username and student password instead of the Access ID and Access Password located on the Student's Access Accounts page.  Please review the steps in this article: Student-and-Parent-Portal-Quick-Start-Guide and let us know if you are still facing an issue.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!