As a parent or student How do I get reminders from PS calendar on the mobile app?

Highlighted
kollas

As a parent or student How do I get reminders from PS calendar on the mobile app?

My son often forgets to check his PS mobile app. How we get notification turned on on the PS candendar so he gets notified on upcoming tests/assignments?

6 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: As a parent or student How do I get reminders from PS calendar on the mobile app?

The only notification options (if allowed by the school) are for attendance and changes in the current grade.

Community Support Expert ElstonS
Community Support Expert

Re: As a parent or student How do I get reminders from PS calendar on the mobile app?

Hey @kollas

Thank you for posting on our PowerSchool Community!

As @DanM3 said, the PowerSchool mobile app gives parents and students instant access to information they need to stay up-to-date on student grades, performance, and attendance and receive real-time push notifications with updates about grades, scores, attendance, assignments, teacher comments, daily bulletins, schedules, and fee transactions. 

I have provided the steps below that will guide you through making sure push notifications on your son's mobile device has been enabled: 

1. Log into the PowerSchool App
  2. Click the Menu button
  3. Click the Settings button
  4. Click Notifications
  5. Check the boxes for the types of notifications you want to receive
  6. Submit the page

Fell free to get back to us if you have any further queries. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ElstonS I don't think this information is correct. The only two push notifications (if allowed by the school) are attendance and grade change. You cannot "receive real-time push notifications with updates about grades, scores, attendance, assignments, teacher comments, daily bulletins, schedules, and fee transactions." Some of these parents can set to receive via email but not push notification on the app.

Also, the steps outlined to turn on notifications are incorrect. The correct steps are:

1. Log into the PowerSchool App
  2. Click the More button (bottom right hand corner)
  3. Cliick on Account link
  4. Click Notifications
  5. Turn on the types of notifications you want to receive (slide to green)
Community Support Expert ElstonS
Community Support Expert

Hey @DanM3

Thank you for posting this information on our PowerSchool Community!

We have reviewed the steps within the PowerSchool Mobile Knowledge Base article about setting up notifications and updated this information on the PowerSchool Community!

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

jandrade

So I set up a parent to recieve emails for grades and attendence.  They have not recieved any.  We even checked the daily email, and still nothing.  Is there some settings in the administrative level that I can check to see if our system is preventing the email from going out?  We are new to Power School SIS and are trying to figure things out.

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@jandrade Yes there is an admin setting, but since this is forum is open to parents and student users I prefer not to spell out the details here.