Exporting Content From PowerSchool

hjohan0418
Padawan

Exporting Content From PowerSchool

Since PowerSchool Learning is nearing its sunset, we are beginning the process of migrating from PowerSchool Learning to Canvas. Although we hope our faculty to take this as an opportunity to re-organize and renew their curricular content, we think it should be possible for them to export some of the PowerSchool content. There seems only one export option in PowerSchool and that's to export the entire site. I exported one of my support sites and the resulting file was 9 GB. When I tried to import it into Canvas, I was blocked because the maximum file size allowed was 500MB. Does anyone have any guidance on how to export to Common Cartridge but not the whole site?

3 Replies
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @hjohan0418,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. This article should help you with exporting your data as this discuss exporting the class content in Common Cartridge format, and what will and will not be included in the export file: How do I export my class content in Common Cartridge format, and what is included?

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
karenhott76

HI . I Tried several times to export my biology  class file in 1.2 format so I can use in in Canvas and keep getting  a network error . Any ideas? I checked out the link you referenced and tried all those options but no success.

NinaRi
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @karenhott76,

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community.  If you continue to experience difficulty with this issue,  we suggest working with the Technical Contact(s) at your school to assist you with submitting a support case.  This way they can review your workflow to determine if everything is set up correctly for you to perform the action. 

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.