An Unexpected Problem Has Occurred

Highlighted

An Unexpected Problem Has Occurred

Every time I try to register my child, no matter the device, it reads "An Unexpected Problem Has Occured" when I click on a payment meathod.  I tried using a different browser, clearing my history, and using other devices but I still can't finish the registration process.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: An Unexpected Problem Has Occurred

Hello @dezirae_dixon , thank you for participating in PowerSchool Community!

If you are receiving the "Unexpected Problem" error message at the payment stage of the form, this may indicate a special character was entered on that page that is preventing the form from submitting. I would make sure that no special characters have been entered in that page, which should allow you to submit it successfully.

If this does not resolve the issue, it is likely that the issue is actually a backend issue, which will need to be resolved by your school district. In this case, I would suggest reaching out to your school district to report the issue.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Highlighted
Recruit

I'm having the same message for about a week now, everytime I'm in the review page and click support this is the message I get as well. I have called the school 2 times on this and was told it was power school issue and that they were reaching out to the IT department on this.  I don't know what else to do about this.  I have been trying for a week now on different devices and browsers with no luck.  I have also cleared my history as well, please let me know what else to do about this.  Thank you and have a great day.

Highlighted
Veteran

Hi @sherry_johnson,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  Are you able to get to the submit button?  If so, when you click submit does anything happen?

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Recruit

I can get to the submit button. As soon as I click submit I get that unexpected error message. Like I said previously I have tried different browsers, cleared my history but no luck.
Highlighted
Veteran

Hi @sherry_johnson,

Thank you for providing this information!  If you have tried on a computer using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, I recommend going to the school to see if they have a computer you can use to submit the forms.  If the issue persists, then contact the District Administration Office and speak to the PowerSchool Administrator to request the form to be reviewed.  If there is an error within the form, the administrator should be able to get it resolved.

I hope this information helps!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!