work flow mapping based on grade level

DebC3
Hobbyist

work flow mapping based on grade level

Hello, I am trying to workflow map an elementary handbook on the same page as a high school handbook on my persmissions form.  When I map an elementary handbook to a forced value of 0|1|2|3 for my kindergarten through 3 grade, it also appears on all of my 10,11,and 12 grade student permission forms.  I must be doing something wrong with the format, since it's only doing that with those double digit high school students, not 9th grade.  Can anyone help me with this? Thank you! 

1 Solution
Hwhite
Practitioner

Hello Deb,

You need to add ^ $ around each value (grade level) to signify the specific grade (or any response, really) rather than a grade that includes one of the values listed.  For example:

^9$|^10$|^11$|^12$

Here is the link to the documentation: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-Enrollment-Express/Enrollment-Express-Workflow-Mapping/t...

Hope that helps,

Heather

View solution in original post

9 Replies
BishalG
Ninja

Hi @DebC3,

We noticed that you connected with our PowerSchool Ecollect Forms support team recently regarding your query about workflow mapping based on grade level and the support team was able to help you with a resolution.

It would be immensely appreciated if you can share the resolution on this thread as this will help other members with similar questions find a solution.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Hwhite
Practitioner

Hello Deb,

You need to add ^ $ around each value (grade level) to signify the specific grade (or any response, really) rather than a grade that includes one of the values listed.  For example:

^9$|^10$|^11$|^12$

Here is the link to the documentation: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-Enrollment-Express/Enrollment-Express-Workflow-Mapping/t...

Hope that helps,

Heather

DebC3
Hobbyist

Yes, thank you, this is perfect!  It is exactly what I was looking for!

The workaround that Powerschool gave me was mapping to the school ID instead of grade level.  That did fix the problem of elementary grades and high school grades seeing elements that they didn't need.  However, with students in the enrollment school (brand new registrations) the school ID is not set, so I wasn't sure how I was going to work around that.  

Thanks again!! 

virginiabooth
Apprentice

The guide has samples of "advanced values for visibility". I tried using [9-12] and my form showed an error when I saved. 

[0-5] - Equivalent to 0|1|2|3|4|5

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-Enrollment-Express/Enrollment-Express-Workflow-Mapping/t...

jcarrano
Practitioner

I know this is an old post, but when I click the documentation link provided here I get an error that I do not have access to this resource. 

NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @jcarrano,

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community! It appears that resource is for Enrollment Express. If your school or district does not utilize the Enrollment Express product, you will not be able to access it. 

If your school/distric accesses the Enrollment Express product, and you are still not able to view the resource, please let us know. We can open a case on your behalf to take a closer look at the products that are used.

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
jcarrano
Practitioner

Thank you for your response.  What you are saying makes sense.  Does this mean that the functionality being discussed here (workflow mapping by grade level) is only available in Enrollment Express and not in the eCollect core product?

I know how to use determent elements for workflow mapping, but I was hoping to be able to leverage PowerSchool fields as well.

Thanks again.

jcarrano
Practitioner

Never mind.  I found what I was looking for here.

Thanks for your help.

NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @jcarrano,

Thank you for your response. Yes, Enrollment Express and Ecollect Forms are considered two different products. We are glad to hear you found resources to help guide you. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions.  We will be more than happy to assist you!

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.