Does not have an assigned reporting term

Powerschool3040
Padawan

Does not have an assigned reporting term

Hi all,

Two of the teachers are getting the error message "Does not have an assigned reporting term. Please contact PowerSchool administrator for assistance. " while trying to access PowerTeacher. 

I have referred to a previous thread of the same topic but that was irrelevant for me. The reporting terms are set correctly as below.

Powerschool3040_0-1675239681100.png

Any luck?

16 Replies
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Are they currently assigned to sections that are running during these terms? Also, have you double checked their Staff and Faculty status and available schools on their Staff screens?

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 12.38.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 12.40.07 PM.png

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

Powerschool3040
Padawan

@ItsOnlyDoug  Thanks for your reply.

The term 1 end date was Jan 20 2023 and Term 2 start date was set as Jan 23 2023. The teachers teach in alternate terms. For example Teacher 1 will have sections assigned to her in Term 1 and not in Term 2 where as Teacher does not have classes in Term 1 but in Term 2.

Hope you are clear with what my issue is?

Abby_AZ
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

It could be the courses the teachers have run past the terms set up. Figuring out how long the courses run could help with this. You may need to add more terms or edit the dates.

CindyM8
Expert

Do you have the final grade setup in? Start Page > School > Final Grade/Reporting Term Setup.

CM

Powerschool3040
Padawan

@CindyM8  Thanks for your message.

Yes I have the Final grade/Reporting term setup

Powerschool3040_0-1675677295712.png

CindyM8
Expert

Looks like you have final grade setup for classes that are year long. However, if you schedule classes that are Term 1 or Term 2 only you have no final grade setup entered. 

CM

CrayC
Rookie

I am getting the same message, but I not been able to find a solution...?  

WendyM28
Journeyman

Have you followed the steps above from CindyM8 - I had the same issue and it worked. 

WendyM28
Journeyman

I am having the same problem. 

My years and terms are set up. 

WendyM28_0-1692888126737.pngWendyM28_1-1692888349648.png

I am at a loss at this point.

WendyM28
Journeyman

Also my teacher is set as active, to be scheduled, and to sign into power teacher pro.

CrayC
Rookie

Also needs to be set up as follows...Start Page > School Setup > Final Grade/Reporting Term Setup

Final Grade/Reporting Term Setup 

When created, Reporting Terms appear automatically on Quick Lookup pages, PowerSchool Mobile, and PowerSchool Student and Parent portal.
Click on [NEW] to set up a new reporting term for that term.
2023-2024
F1  Q1  Q2  Q3  Q4  S1  S2  [NEW]
Semester 1
S1  [NEW]
Semester 2
S2  [NEW]
Quarter 1
Q1  [NEW]
Quarter 2
Q2  [NEW]
Quarter 3
Q3  [NEW]
Quarter 4
Q4  [NEW]
krystlynn0430
Apprentice

I am having the same issue and all of my terms are set correctly and all teachers are actively assigned to all courses & sections.

krystlynn0430_0-1694622196936.png

CindyM8
Expert

The screenshot you shared is of the Final Grade/Reporting Term setup which you do not have set up. You have to add your grade terms and then teachers can do their gradebook setup.

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/Tutorial-Final-Grade-Setup/ta-p/13004

CM

krystlynn0430
Apprentice

Thank you for your reply.  I spoke w/someone in Customer Support & was able to correct the issue.

EileenH3
Rookie

so what did they have you do?  I have teachers with the same error occurring.

krystlynn0430
Apprentice