power teacher

tf9
Journeyman

power teacher

Hi 

I am new to powerschool and powerschool. I have registered and have a username and password but when i enter it for power teacher it won't work. Is there a different log in for powerteacher then powerschool?

Thank you

8 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: power teacher

Yes, they require two different logins.

VKelly
Journeyman

If that is the case, how do I get log in information for Power Teacher? 

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@VKelly 

User's login infirmation is on their Security Settings page. The PowerTeacher login information will be ont he Teachers and Affilations tab, and the Admin side login information Admin Access and Roles tab.

Thank you very much @JeffG9 !

VKelly
Journeyman

@JeffG9 

Please assist again. I do not know where to find the Security Settings. I can sign into PowerSchool but not Powerteacher.

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@VKelly 

First, select the Staff tab on the Start page to search for the User you are looking for. Security Settings is a link on the left side of the user's page.

You need to search your staff name in the staff field. Then click on security settings > teachers and affilitiations.

You also need to make sure your URL is correct. As opposed to /admin when logging in, the URL should read /teachers

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ky72619@VKelly 

If they log in to the /teachers portal, they will not be able to access user's security settings, as the Start page, Staff Tab, Search bar and user account pages only live on the Admin side of PowerSchool. They need to log in the the /admin portal.