Trouble adding things from Google Drive

Highlighted
Trainee

Trouble adding things from Google Drive

I used to see a google drive option when adding to a content block. I know I can add a link from a website, but I want to add directly from google drive. Why aren't I seeing that option?

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Trouble adding things from Google Drive

Hi! @vperkins927,

To further assist, would you please provide the information?

• Are you accessing your Learning account through Google authentification?
  • Please provide the URL of the class that you are accessing and a screenshot of the page.
  • Are you using a Solo Learning account?

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Highlighted
Trainee

Picture of Haiku page.jpg

It is through my work's google drive account, but I don't know if it's a solo account. I'm trying to create a haiku page to contain all of my staff's important docs, etc., and using google drive to add content would be much easier.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @vperkins927, We appreciate you providing the requested information. 

The ability to add content block using Google Drive is available to School & District Edition domains of PowerSchool Learning that have integration with G Suite for Education.  You can verify if it's a School & District account by looking at the URL; Solo Teacher accounts have URL starting with mylearning.powerschool.com while the district URL address will be reflected when accessing the district's Learning portal.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Trainee

Does it have to be through my District IT? This google account is through my district and the site would be for my school. How can I make this happen?

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @vperkins927,

Would you please confirm if you are accessing PowerSchool Learning through your district's domain or a stand-alone account? You should be able to check your account type by looking into the domain. PowerSchool Learning stand-alone accounts have the domain of myhaikulearning.com since it is intended for individuals and not associated with a district. The districts that have integrated their Learning domain with Google have the ability to add content block using Google Drive.

AbrittyB

Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Highlighted
Trainee

I thought I already answered this, but I'll clarify in case I didn't. My school district's uses google for our google apps for education and our email is "*******@g.mvusd.net".  So when I log into myhaikulearnig I have to use my "district" gmail for google drive. I do not access it through my district website, but I do login through my google account supplied by my district.

If this is still considered a "stand alone" account, how can I get a "district" account? Do I need to contact my IT department or is there a separate account I can sign up for?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@vperkins927 Thank you for continuing to work with us to look into the Google Handout option.

If a district has subscribed to PowerSchool Learning for all educators in the district to utilize, the district will have a unique URL that all users within the district will use to access PowerSchool Learning.  For example, districtone.learning.powerschool.com. 

If a user registered for a PowerSchool Learning account that was not set up by the school district, they will log in to the standard URL for PowerSchool Learning, myhaikulearning.com. 

The Google Hanout option is a feature of accounts that are set up through the school district and the district's domain has been authenticated with Google.  

The feature is not available for users with a stand-alone account because the domain, myhaikulearning.com, is a general domain and is unable to be authenticated with Google.

When you navigate to PowerSchool Learning, would you please provide the URL of the login page?

Jamie H.
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!