Registration and Quiz Problems

Highlighted
nextlevelhomeschool
Journeyman

Registration and Quiz Problems

I have a paid Powerschool Learning account. I have been sending out the emails to my students with their codes. Many are complaining that the "register" link they receive is not working- that when they click it nothing happens.

Also, for some reason my ability to add additional multiple choice and matching questions is gone. I only have 4 multiple choice options and 3 matching.

6 Replies
Community Moderator Jaclynp
Community Moderator

Re: Registration and Quiz Problems

Hi @nextlevelhomeschool

Thanks for your post, and so sorry for the continued trouble with the Registration link not responding. Our team is continuing to work toward resolving this issue and we have a fix ready and are in the final stages of preparing to release it along with other updates. We'll post as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your continued patience!

Has your assessment already been published? You can edit an assessment in draft mode, which will allow you to verify that it hasn't been published. I have included a few links from our knowledge base that you may find helpful. 

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Assessments/How-do-I-create-an-Assessment-in-PowerSchool-Le...

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Assessments/Why-does-PowerSchool-Learning-warn-me-against-making-an/...

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Jaclynp

PowerSchool Community Moderator

nextlevelhomeschool
Journeyman

Looking back through the forum, I see that this is an ongoing, months long issue with the registration. I have about 400 students that I will be enrolling in less than a month. If it is not fixed by then, can we expect some sort of discount on our plan, since we are not receiving the service we are paying for?

Also, I don't think I explained my quiz problem clearly enough. If I am creating a quiz, and creating a new multiple choice question, the system automatically gives me 4 boxes to create my answers in. If I am creating a new matching question, the system automatically gives me 3 boxes to create the matches in. In the past (just a couple of months ago), I could add extra boxes to either type of question, giving more options that the standard 4 or 3. That feature is now missing, and is VERY important. Please advise.

Community Moderator Jaclynp
Community Moderator

HI @nextlevelhomeschool

We took a look at this on our end and we are seeing options to add more, in both multiple choice and matching types of questions.  I have included a couple screen shots of what we are seeing below.

add  more.pngmulitiple choice.png

If you are seeing something else we can have our support team take a look at the specific assessment.

Would you mind sending me a screen shot of what you are seeing?

If you would rather connect through private message let me know and I will reach out.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

Jaclynp

PowerSchool Community Moderator

nextlevelhomeschool
Journeyman

Three things:

1. Yes, your screenshots are what my quiz pages used to look like. Please see the attached screen shots of what they look like now. This is in Google Chrome.

2. Also, when I am adding questions, they are no longer coming up in my library. I created a quiz for a class a few days ago, and those questions are still not showing in the quiz library. Students are already taking the quiz, so it is functional, but I need this feature so I can quickly import questions to other classes.

3. Because we do not have full functionality to register students, in what appears to be an ongoing months long problem, can we expect to receive partial refunds since we are paying for features that are non functioning with no confirmed fix date in sight? 

screenshot-my.haikulearning.com-2018.08.09-09-48-22.pngscreenshot-my.haikulearning.com-2018.08.09-09-49-02.png

nextlevelhomeschool
Journeyman

Quick update- Number 1 on the list is now working again! 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nextlevelhomeschool

Thank you for your response! Glad to hear that you are now seeing the option when adding questions to your quizzes. For the other items on your list, I've created a support request on your behalf. Our support team will be reaching out to you directly. Please be on the lookout for those communications.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager