Register Link on Power School Learning

caseyjohnson7
Recruit

Register Link on Power School Learning

I have a solo teacher account. When my students try to "register," the link does not work.  Suggestions?

1 Solution
joshk
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good morning @christicraig!

I reached out to gather some more information on your followup. The current workaround for now would be to either:

1) Have the student create a solo teacher account and he/she can use that to sign up for the class, or

2) When in the signup/registration page, open up the html interface developer tools on your browser (ctrl/shift/i) , choose the console tab and enter this command: Element.toggle('new_account'). 

Please let me know if either solution proves to be successful and once the issue has been resolved by our Development Team normal functionality should be restored.

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

59 Replies
ncredding
Trainee

My students are not able to complete registration, and cannot access class information.  Today is 8/1/18.  There have been some issues in the past few weeks, but today seemed to be worse.  Will the registration be working soon?

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ncredding

Thank you for your post in our Community! I think the issue you are sharing is about the registration link for PowerSchool Learning. Is that correct? If so, our team is aware of the issue and currently working on a fix. We'll be happy to share an update as soon as it's ready. If this is not the product you are using, please be sure to let us know and we'll be happy to continue to help.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
kevins
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ncredding

Our team has a fix in for the Registration Link issue that we are planning to release tonight.

If there are any other updates, we will make sure to update you as they become available.

We would love to hear back from you that everything looks good on your end once you can verify everything is functioning as expected.

We very much appreciate your patience while our team got this fix together.

Thank you!
-Kevin

parker8402
Journeyman

The registration is still not working.  Please help! I can not get my students logged in to my class. 

Thanks!

camreanR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @parker8402

Thanks for your post, and so sorry for the continued trouble with the Registration link not responding. Our team is continuing to work toward resolving this issue and we have a fix ready and are in the final stages of preparing to release it along with other updates. We'll post as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your continued patience!

joshk
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good Morning @caseyjohnson7 @christicraig @sdeyton @MarkD @ncredding @parker8402 @norskk @CWilkinson @inpowerlearning and @titus2nmaking!

We appreciate your reports and feedback for those that were having difficulty accessing the Learning registration links. We do apologize for the inconvenience and frustration while our team worked toward a solution. At this time our Development Team has reported this issue should be resolved. Clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page should allow you to register your students again. Please let us know if you were successful in doing so!

Best,

JoshK

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
titus2nmaking
Rookie

Please help!  Our classes begin very soon!!!!

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @titus2nmaking

Thank you for your post. It sounds like you are writing regarding the registration link in PowerSchool Learning. Our team is continuing to work toward resolving this issue and we have a fix ready and are in the final stages of preparing to release it along with other updates. We'll post as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your continued patience!

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
camreanR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your post, and so sorry for the continued trouble with the Registration link not responding. Our team is continuing to work toward resolving this issue and we have a fix ready and are in the final stages of preparing to release it along with other updates. We'll post as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your continued patience!

Jamiericker44
Recruit

It said page invalid on register link. Any idea how I can register or when this will be fixed? Thanks Jamie Ricker
jpeacock
Journeyman

I have a class starting in a few days and my new students can not register either.

I tried the one suggestion of going into html mode (Ctl-shift - i) but that did not work.

Please help!

philcook
Recruit

For what it's worth, I'm getting panicky emails from students who can't sign in (although they're just trying to get a head start on summer homework assignments...) Smiley Happy

christicraig
Hobbyist

If the Register link is still not working, try this:

If you're new to PowerSchool/Haiku Learning, go to the main account setup page: https://mylearning.powerschool.com/do/account/signup

1. Create an account.
2. Choose organization type and be sure to click your correct time zone. (my students chose "other" since I teach online writing courses solo)

Once the account is created, they should be able to log in and see the course on their dashboard (as long as their email is in your roster list). Otherwise, once their account is created, you can resend the course invitation email.

Hope that helps!
joshk
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good Morning All!

Thank you for your followup posts. We have reached out to our Product Team and shared your feedback with them. We should have an update soon and we will post that update as soon as it is available! 

Best,

JoshK

MarkD
Hobbyist

Hello Josh,

I opened a support ticket some time ago. We are having to manually create accounts for students using the Element.toggle('new_account') workaround. But it's time consuming to the point where it's becoming a job in itself.

I've been told the registration fix will be part of an update due sometime this summer. Can we get an estimated date? 

Thanks

MarkD
Hobbyist

Hello jpeacock,

I've been using the workaround. It's a pain but it does work and ends the panic. The best way I've found to handle new students without an account is to set up an account for them. These are the steps:

Generate an open invitation (under edit roster). The class has to be active. 

You'll get a URL something like this:

https://www.powerschool.com/URLofyourclass/signup

and a code, something like:  QLNYX 

The next part, I think, is too much of a hassle to ask the students to work through. If you agree, open the link. Copy in the code. Submit the form. 

Then you're brought to the sign-in which works for students who have an existing account. For new students, as you know, the register new account doesn't work. So...

Hold down the shift and ctrl keys at the same time and click on the "i" key.

A complex screen will open. It should open to the Console tab (top of screen) but if not, click on that tab. 

At the bottom of the screen, you'll see a blank line starting with >

Paste, after the carat Element.toggle('new_account')

So you have this exactly:  >Element.toggle('new_account')

Click the enter key.

You should now see the new account registration form. 

Create an account for your student, choose a username and password (which you need to copy and keep safe) and log into the class. The student will now show up in your roster but will not have accessed the class.

Log out of the class. Which is important. I then send an email like the one below to each student. You can expect a few problems. One arises when a student signs in with a google account rather than the username and password you set up. 

It's a huge time waster, at least for us. PowerSchool says they're working on the issue but can't give an estimated date for its resolution. The only thing I've been told is that the fix will be part of an update by the end of summer. I assume this is only affecting a small percentage of us or the forum would be jammed with complaints. 

If anyone knows of an easier way to handle this, please share. 

Mark

SAMPLE EMAIL

Hello 

In order to join The Name of Your class you need to have a student account with Power Learning (it's free). Usually it's fairly easy to setup but currently Power Learning is working on a glitch preventing registration of new accounts. Their support people gave me a workaround and I've set up an account for you.

You should be able to access the class by following this link:

https://www.powerschool.com/YourClassURL/

Username: that you set up for the student

Password: that you set up for the student

Please let me know if you have any problems entering the class.

Best,

titus2nmaking
Rookie

Hello,

When I sent the invitation link to my new students, the link is not working.  Can you please tell me when this will be fixed?

Thank you,

Eager Teacher

camreanR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out about this! Our team is working towards a solution, but in the meantime we have a few work arounds:

1) Have the student create a solo teacher account and he/she can use that to sign up for the class, or

2) When in the signup/registration page, open up the html interface developer tools on your browser (ctrl/shift/i) , choose the console tab and enter this command: Element.toggle('new_account'). 

Please let me know if either solution proves to be successful and once the issue has been resolved by our Development Team normal functionality should be restored. I hope that helps!

kevins
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello!

@caseyjohnson7, @MarkD, @christicraig, @sdeyton, @Jamiericker44, @jpeacock, @philcook, @titus2nmaking

Our team has a fix in for the Registration Link issue that we are planning to release tonight.

If there are any other updates, we will make sure to update you as they become available.

We would love to hear back from you that everything looks good on your end once you can verify everything is functioning as expected.

We very much appreciate your patience while our team got this fix together.

Thank you!
-Kevin

MarkD
Hobbyist

Great! I'll test it as soon as it's live. Good news -

Mark

MarkD
Hobbyist

Hi Kevin - Thought I'd posted but don't see it.  The issue hasn't gone away. I tried via Firefox and Edge but in both, the register link didn't go anywhere.

Best,

Mark