Parent with multiple students not able to add both in PSL

mchristia80
Rookie

Parent with multiple students not able to add both in PSL

I am a teacher with an individual account.  One of my parents has two students in my class.  They also have a former student.  They used the invitation code for one of their current students and then repeated with the invitation code for the second.  They are seeing their former student and one of the current students but the second one does not appear.  

15 Replies
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: Parent with multiple students not able to add both in PSL

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community!

This is a great question!  We are currently reviewing the ability of a parent to see two students in one class.  We will update the thread with our results.  Thank you for your patience as we review this process!

While we review the ability for a parent to see two students in one class and suggestions for the set up of parent accounts within a class in PowerSchool Learning, I recommend reviewing the article to walk through the different options to allow parents to view PowerSchool Learning classes.

How do I add parents to my PowerSchool Learning domain?

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator

Thank you for your patience as we review the question of a parent that has multiple students in one PowerSchool Learning class. 

The parent should be able to view both students in the class when accessing the invitation sent to the parent's email.  We recommend sending an invitation to the parent of each student.  The invitation link will allow the parent to see the student in which the invitation was sent.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
mchristia80
Rookie

Jamie, 

Thank you for working on this.  I forwarded your instructions to the parent.  I will follow-up with the result. 

re: the link above.  This is a solo PSL account.  I don't have access to any other powerschool products or features.  

mchristia80
Rookie

This solution did not work.  Below you will find screen shots frtom the parent.  She still cannot add/view her second child in the class.  Her older child is also still showing up from two years ago.  

SS2.JPG

Community Moderator

Thank you for providing this information!  

I'm sorry to hear the parent is continuing to experience difficulties viewing both students within your PowerSchool Learning class.  The parent should have received two invitations.  One invitation code for one student and a second unique invitation code for the second student in your class.  Would you please confirm the parent received two invitations codes, one code for each student?  

The parent should be able to enter each student's unique invitation code and view each student within PowerSchool Learning.  I have provided an article that should guide all parents through the process of accepting a class in PowerSchool Learning for one student at a time.

How do I accept a class invitation as a parent?

Jamie H.
mchristia80
Rookie

Yes the parent was given two unique invitation codes and followed the instructions as posted above.  The second student does not appear on their list as shown in the screen shots above.  

The parent has three children.

Community Moderator

Thank you for providing confirmation on the parent's process!

Would you also confirm the parent is using the same login information when accessing the second invitation code instead of creating a new account with the new invitation code?

Are you able to see the parent's information on each student's account within your roster?

When you navigate to the parent's tab within your class and select Manage>View Students, do you see both students listed under the parent's account?

Jamie H.
mchristia80
Rookie

Yes the parent is using the same login for both and the seperate invitation code.  (I have forwarded all of your suggestions to her) 

When I view the parent I only see one student.  (I do not see the student from two years ago)

Community Moderator

Thank you for continuing to provide further information!

If you see only one student under the parent's account, it could mean the parent did not complete the registration process for the second student that is not appearing within the parent's account.  I recommend sending the invitation code for the student that does not appear to the parent again and ask the parent to complete the registration, if possible.

This direct link should walk through how to set up one parent account with multiple students for the parent.

Can you confirm if the student appears under another parent's account?

Jamie H.