Logging in is Broken

nfahey
Trainee

Logging in is Broken

I've tried to set up a solo account with my classes but the log in with google button seems to be broken and creates Teacher accounts for my students. I now have 20 students with teacher accounts. I eventually was able to log them in to my class by having them register with usernames and passwords, but the platform was super slow to load and assignments could not be handed in. 

I used this when it was Haiku and it was awesome. Now, it's broke. 

5 Replies
Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Re: Logging in is Broken

Good afternoon!

Thank you for reaching out through the PowerSchool Community. We are happy to provide you with resources to assist with your issue, and if you are still having trouble we will gladly connect you with our Support Team.

Student and Parent solo accounts can only be created through a Teacher Invitation following this article:

How do I sign up for a student or parent account?

When your students accept the invitation, they will need to ensure that they click the Register link. Once your students complete the registration and confirm their account, if their primary account is a Gmail account, they should be able to follow these instructions to connect with their Google account:

How can I connect my PowerSchool Learning account to my Google account?

If your students are having difficulty with this final portion of the process, I'll gladly get you connected with our PowerSchool Learning support team.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
nfahey
Trainee

Hi, Thanks for your quick response.

I tried following those instructions. I am unable to send my students an email to register because our school tech department has not whitelisted the site. 

I tried the printing the invitation codes and when students go to sign up with google it creates a teacher account and they are not enrolled in the class. 

Highlighted
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Thank you for the additional clarification. Happy to continue to help here. Can you please check the steps below. We want to make sure that these are the ones your users are seeing. Otherwise, we'll be sure to loop in our support team:

1. Students should start with the URL from the invitation you share
2. They then enter the invitation code in the box provided and click next.

Slack_-_PowerSchool.png

3. After this, if they don't already have a student account, they'll want to make sure to click Register first on this screen.

Be sure that they don't click Sign in with Google here. If they do, they will be creating a new Teacher account instead of a Student one. They will have an option to connect their student account to Google after they register.

Slack_-_PowerSchool 2.png

4. Once they register, they'll receive a confirmation email and will be able to log in. 

5. If they would like to connect their account to Google, then, after the confirmation, they'll need to follow these steps to connect the account they created with Gmail. Just be sure that the account they created has their Google email and they should be able to complete the connection: 

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/G-Suite/How-can-I-connect-my-PowerSchool-Learning-account-to-my-Goog...

Please let us know if you have any questions. If other Community members have helpful tips, please be sure to share here as well.

Thanks again!

JulieM

nfahey
Trainee

Yes that is correct, I haven't gotten as far as linking the accounts to google as the site seemed to freeze up once the students had registered and gotten in. 

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good afternoon @nfahey!

Thank you for taking time to provide the additional information regarding your issue! At this time we would like to have Learning Support take a closer look at the instance you reported. The steps to contacting Support are included in the following article.

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/My-Account/What-do-I-do-if-I-need-more-help-as-a-Solo-Account-User-i...

Within this article is a means to submit a case directly to Learning Support from the PowerSchool Community and may also be reached here.  

Best,

Josh K

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!