How do I create an ePortfolio page template?

kyamezaemon
Padawan

How do I create an ePortfolio page template?

Hi

I would like to create a template for a page in a cohort of students ePortfolio's. This page would allow them to provide documentary evidence of progress on their individual projects on the one page according to the steps and scaffolding information that I provide them with.

Where do I create an ePortfolio page template, and what is the easiest way to assign it to students ePortfolio's?

Ideally, I would also like myself and other selected teachers to be able to show each student that we are monitoring their progress by indicating on the project page in their ePortfolio that they have successfully passed certain 'waypoints' or 'requirements'. Is there an easy way do this? Would this involve the creation of a series of assessments (waypoints) with scales? Is using SCORM a simple enough option? I'm hoping for an easy and elegant solution!

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies
kyamezaemon
Padawan

Re: How do I create an ePortfolio page template?

Sorry, I've just done a little more reading and realised that wikiprojects might be a better tool for doing what I am trying to achieve than the ePortfolio, especially considering that wikiprojects can be copied over to ePortfolios later. My questions remain, however, how can I create a wikiproject template for my students, and is there a 'visible to students' monitoring tool that can be used? Thanks again.

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: How do I create an ePortfolio page template?

Hi @kyamezaemon

Thank you for your post! In terms of templates, our ePortfolio feature does allow the application of a template across your domain. Since this is handled domain-wide, if this is something you wish to explore, I would recommend inquiring about your ePortfolio settings and templates with an administrator at your site.

With WikiProjects, there is not a way to apply a template. However, you do have some options for how to guide your students in building their projects. When you create a WikiProject, you can add the requirements in the description area of the WikiProject. That way students would have that description when building their own projects. Here are some best practices and tips for WikiProjects. We also had some examples shared by one of our members that you may find helpful:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-WikiProjects/What-Should-I-Know-About-WikiProjects-Are-ther...

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Forum/WikiProject-Examples/m-p/3827#M64

If others have best practices on WikiProjects, we invite them to share as well!

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager