Assessment

Highlighted
Trainee

Assessment

When publishing an assessment on PowerSchool Learning, I no longer have the option for students to take the assessment at "anytime."  I am forced to choose a date range.  Is this a permanent change?

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Assessment

Hi! @cody-waldman,

After publishing an assessment to students by selecting Publish from the Manage Assessment menu, there will be an option to Publish Assessment to all sections and decide when students can take the assessment (Anytime, a set time frame, or only with a Password) as shown in the screenshot below.

Assmt.PNG

The article How do I create an Assessment in PowerSchool Learning should guide with the steps to publish an assessment.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Highlighted
Trainee

Thank you for the reply.  I must not have been clear.  I know that the anytime option is supposed to be there, but it is not.  Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing.

Capture 1.JPG

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @cody-waldman,

Thank you for the clarification.  With the PowerTeacher Pro integration, the assessment must have a due date.  If you would like to see the "anytime" radio button, I would recommend setting the due date to be the last day of the reporting term.

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Trainee

Sorry to bother you again - what is the PowerTeacherPro integration?

Also, the problem with setting the end date at the end of the term, as I understand it, is that students can't see the correct answers to the assessment until the assessment has closed.  So setting the end date for the end of the term would not allow the students to receive feedback on their assessment.

Also, my colleagues at school still have the "anytime" button available.  I seem to be the only one who doesn't.

Sorry again to keep bothering you. 

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @cody-waldman,

The assignment must have a due date to have the PowerTeacher Pro grade synchronization.  You are right that if you select due dates as the last day of reporting term students cannot view the feedback, however, if you set up an assessment password, the student can use that password and view the results/ feedback of the assessment.  If you are creating your assessment as an exam and have Roster Sections set up,  students will not be able to see the results of the examination until the exam has closed.

Some teachers may want to restrict results even further.  For example, you may want to allow students to view assessment results, but only for a limited time.  You can do this by switching the assessment mode to Restricted Access by selecting the "Password for reviewing" tab and clicking the Add button.  Here you can set a password, and set how long you want it to be active.  You can even create multiple passwords, and assign students with different activation times.

If you want to restrict assessment results, I recommend reviewing the article on How do I prevent/delay a student being able to see the answers for a test?

Muskan Sehar

Community Moderator