I want to learn how to learn

konarktriv7

I want to learn how to learn

I want to learn how I learn. How can I find out? Apparently your ability to learn peaks at 18 and I am now past that so I am quite scared that my ability to learn is already diminished. People say that adults can do as well as they learnt skills to learn better, but I did not learn these skills.

I spent my whole life playing around and since I haven't been working my brain ive been "losing" it.

What can I do?

Thanks

2 Replies
BishalG
Ninja

Hi @konarktriv7,

That is a great question.

Many of our PowerSchool Community members are users who have been Teachers and Administrators for over a decade and I am sure that they have some great insights to share with us.  I encourage our community members to come forward and share their experience with us on how they go about learning new things every day, including training on PowerSchool Products.

We love hearing from our community members!

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
CynthiaA
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hi @konarktriv7!

Such a great question! I work as an instructional designer here at PowerSchool but also taught secondary education for several years. I don't believe it's ever too late to start learning. I believe learning is a life long process that changes and evolves during your life journey. I believe a great way to start to take a free online learning style quiz that help you determine how you prefer to learn. Are you someone who enjoys working with your hands (often called kinesthic learner)? Are you more of a visual learning (demostrations, videos, etc help you learn)? or are you more of an auditory learner (spoken things)? Many different learner types exist and sometimes determining how you best learn can help you find things that interest you more. Check back with us and let us know what you find!