Getting a list of students taking certain classes

crmiller
Recruit

Getting a list of students taking certain classes

This is my first year as a testing coordinator. I would like to be able to get a list of students who are taking certain classes. For example, how can I see all students who are taking Algebra 1 (course# 312122). I know it's probably something simple, but I haven't figured it out yet. 

1 Solution
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

If you have access to DDE (Direct Database Export) -Start Page > System Administrator > Direct Database Export (DDE)

You can pull the data from the CC table. The CC table holds all of your student course enrollment data.

So from the DDE page:

Isolate the current year (TermID >=3200)

Isolate the specific course (Course_Number= 312122)

In our school we have different variations of Algebra I and I have my course numbering based on the subject...All of my math courses fall between 200000 and 219999...So To pull all of my math to make sure I don't miss kids I would search Course_Number>200000 then Course_Number<219999

That would give me all of my math courses. I would then export them along with student demographic data. Something like:

[01]student_number
[01]Last_Name
[01]First_Name
[01]Grade_Level
[courses]Course_name
Course_Number

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

If you have access to DDE (Direct Database Export) -Start Page > System Administrator > Direct Database Export (DDE)

You can pull the data from the CC table. The CC table holds all of your student course enrollment data.

So from the DDE page:

Isolate the current year (TermID >=3200)

Isolate the specific course (Course_Number= 312122)

In our school we have different variations of Algebra I and I have my course numbering based on the subject...All of my math courses fall between 200000 and 219999...So To pull all of my math to make sure I don't miss kids I would search Course_Number>200000 then Course_Number<219999

That would give me all of my math courses. I would then export them along with student demographic data. Something like:

[01]student_number
[01]Last_Name
[01]First_Name
[01]Grade_Level
[courses]Course_name
Course_Number

Doug Skinner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

crmiller
Recruit

Thank you! I've never explored the DDE portion of PowerSchool, but I have that access and was able to replicate your steps. Does (TermID >=3200) always refer to the current term? I won't need a different number next year? 

I like the idea of searching by a range a numbers to find courses. I'll have to see how we assign course numbers at our school. 

Thanks again!

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

3200 is the full year term ID for the 22-23 school year...Next year will be 3300 and so on.

Doug Skinner

crmiller
Recruit

Thank you so much!!!

hatfieldsamantha818

I have a 14 year old son who is Special needs and, I want to make sure the school he is going to will not mainstream him!

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @hatfieldsamantha818 

We recommend contacting your school district who should be able to assist you with the most updated information regarding the registration process.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
hatfieldsamantha818

Thank you we have everything in place.

hatfieldsamantha818

I work for the school as food nutrition worker and I want to look at my paycheck on line. Where do I do for this.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @hatfieldsamantha818,

I'd be happy to look further into this for you. Can you please confirm the name of the PowerSchool product that you are working with? Additionally, meanwhile I recommend reaching out to the HR department of your school district who should be able to assist you further with this.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

hatfieldsamantha818

Where do I go for that, I do apologize for being late on this.

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @hatfieldsamantha818 

You can visit the district website and find the contact information and discuss the details of your pay with the Human Resource department of the district.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!