Changing Sections

dgale6972
Rookie

Changing Sections

Hello all, 

We have some students that we are moving from one section of a class to another. We don't want the students to lose the work that they have already completed and thus lose the grades they have already received. There has to be an easy way to do this. Can someone please share how to transfer a student to a different section with the same teacher and how to move the grades. 

Also changing sections to another teacher. 

Thank you all. 

6 Replies
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

For moving scores check this article: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerTeacher-Pro-Knowledge-Base/PTP-NEW-FEATURE-TRANSFER-STUDENT-SCO...

If you are asking how to move a student from one section to another:

From the admin side, go into the student who needs to be moved and under scheduling select MODIFY SCHEDULE. Here you can drop and add sections as needed.

If you are asking how to change who is TEACHING as specific section:

Go into the current teacher's schedule  Start Page > Teacher Schedules

Click on the section number of the course you need to change.

When that section page loads go to the Teacher - Section Lead area. From here you can add a new teacher and change the begin and end dates of the current teacher.

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

dgale6972
Rookie

Hello 

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I was more looking to change a student from 1 section to another that is still taught by the same teacher. 

Once this is done, is there a way that I can transfer the grades so the student doesn't lose out on the work they have already done. 

Is there a way for me to do that or can teachers only transfer the grades?

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

If you take a look at the article I linked it should get you where you need to go. There are even some great walk throughs and comments below the article.

This would have to be done by the teacher bc admin only have read only access to the gradebook.

Doug Skinner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

dgale6972
Rookie

Im sorry I don't see a link. 

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

For moving scores check this article: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerTeacher-Pro-Knowledge-Base/PTP-NEW-FEATURE-TRANSFER-STUDENT-SCO...

Doug Skinner

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @dgale6972 

Resources are accessible based on the role assigned by your school or district.  This article will provide the most common reasons you may receive a message that you do not have access to a resource. To assist you further, I will reach out you via the case and will continue to follow up with you about your access levels. 

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!