New Student Registration

Azeno3103
Recruit

New Student Registration

Just moved here from California, trying to register my boys as new students and it keeps giving an error and will not let me submit the registration. I have double checked several times and everything is correct on the form. Any ideas what the issue is?

15 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: New Student Registration

Good morning!

The easiest way for you to resolve the issue of not being able to submit a completed Enrollment form is to contact the Enrollment/Registration team.  They can take a look at your account and the form you are attempting to submit and can typically tell you immediately which specific portion of the form needs to be corrected/completed in order for the submission to be successful.

I would suggest using the Chat Support option, as that will allow you to answer the questions the Engineer needs to verify before they can share information with you.  To do that, click on the Contact Support button at the top of this page, choose Launch Chat Support, fill in the blanks and click "Launch Live Assist" when you are ready to start eh chat. 

*Chats do tend to function better on a laptop or similar device other than a smartphone.

Have a fantastic day!

MCDagen
Trainee

Hi, I have been attempting to submit an application for my daughter since 5/09/19.  I was able to initiate the application but unable to complete it.  

Your below reference to Chat Support option did not help me but they did refer me to call support tel#1-866-434-6276, where I waited on hold for over 10 minutes before giving up...???????  

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties submitting an application for your daughter!

Have you completed the application already?

Would you please share if you are receiving an error message?  If so, what error message are you receiving?

Is there a field that is not populating the data you need to select or is not allowing you to type in your information?

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
MCDagen
Trainee

I have completed the application. Several items on the checklist are N/A and I am unable to bypass the items on the checklist or edit to complete.  There are 10 remaining items on the checklist.  I completed the ones I needed to.  The schol office is telling me I should be able to edit these items on the checklist.

Q= Is there a field that is not populating the data you need to select or is not allowing you to type in your information? R= YES

MCDagen
Trainee

Hi, I have been attempting to submit an application for my daughter since 5/09/19.  I was able to initiate the application but unable to complete it.  

Your reference to Chat Support option did not help me but they did refer me to call support tel#1-866-434-6276 the options they gave me were incorrect, but I called back several times and figured it out: 1-1-5-1, the agent then referred me back to the "District Office" aka the school that I have already been working with and cannot help me...??????  

Community Moderator

Thank you for providing further information!

A checklist is a tracker that allows a school to determine when the action items for each student is complete.  If there are action items that do not need to be completed by a user, the user can skip the action items.  The school will be able to view the checklist and determine the status of all required action items for the student.

I apologize for the longer response time when calling into Enrollment Support.  This time of the year is a peak time seen with Enrollment.  Enrollment Support is answering each call as soon as the next a Support Engineer is available.  We thank you for your patience as we assist all customers calling into Enrollment Support.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator

Error messages are also common if fields are not completed or information was entered incorrectly.  Common reasons are the date field is not entered in the correct format the registration form states or the phone number is listed twice such as the cell phone and home phone fields.  You will likely receive an error message since duplicate numbers are not accepted.

Jamie H.
MCDagen
Trainee

The school is telling me that I need to edit the checklist...?

Community Moderator

Thank you for your response!

At this time, a registration checklist cannot be edited.  It is a checklist for tracking the registration process.  If a checklist item does not apply for a student, the student should move to the next checklist item.

Jamie H.