"What school do you believe your child is zoned for and should be enrolled?" not showing options

sugeilyramos
Trainee

"What school do you believe your child is zoned for and should be enrolled?" not showing options

So, my address shows a No Zoned School, but when trying to answer the school I need to enroll my child, it doesn't show any options. It stays in "Select" and nothing else. I do not have a problem adding my address, the problem is that this question doesn't show the options for the Urbana area with the zipcode I have. 

Have someone had the same problem? I think the problem is the website not recognizing the zipcode.

Thanks

6 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sugeilyramos

I am sorry you are experiencing difficulties selecting the school on your Enrollment Form. I have attached an article here that will guide you through the process of selecting a school.

If you still face the same issue, I recommend reaching out to your district directly. The PowerSchool Admin at the school district will be able to assist you with the process to select your home school while enrolling your child in school.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

rgflash44

I'm having a similar problem...trying to register my returning student and the form automatically fills in the wrong middle school as the "enrolling school" and it can't be changed.  I've already confirmed zoning and all that, but it won't change.  I'm not going to move forward until the correct school is listed as 6th grade was already a new school and district for my son, not doing it again.

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sugeilyramos @rgflash44 

This error occurs when the School Locator tool in the form was not able to find an appropriate school based on the address you have entered. We recommend contacting your school district directly who should be able to look at the School Locator’s settings and assist you further. 

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
sugeilyramos
Trainee

Thanks, so there is room for improvement to have a seamless experience when enrolling students using the PowerSchool platform. I am not the direct client, but this has happened for a long time and affects us directly. At least the code on the page should be modified to allow parents to select the right school instead of us calling the county every time. 

rgflash44

Thanks....clearly it is a glitch/issue with the system as this is a returning student, not a new one, living at the same address so that shouldn't have been an issue.  I've contacted the school and am told the issues with the system are being addressed.

Agree with reply from sugeilyramos, we should be able to select the school.

sugeilyramos
Trainee

Hi, I think the website has a glitch. Right now I am having the same issue with my son's enrollment, and it looks like the system does not provide allow me to select the school. While it shows No Zoned School Identified, the option to select the school does not show anything, so I think the problem might be in the backend.