Residency requirement for school enrollment- moving to NC from other state

richapatel

Residency requirement for school enrollment- moving to NC from other state

I am reaching out regarding my questions that I have regarding the admission process. I will start with our situation.

We are currently residing in AZ and our daughter will be attending grade 5 in the 2022-23 academic year. We have to move to NC due to my husband's job change. He is planning to move to NC around October 2022 and my daughter and I are planning to join after she finishes her 5th grade( This is how we are planning which will change based on your response).

Based on the information on various school sites, we see that you open the enrollment for 2023-24 academic year from Oct- January with lottery drawing in February of 2023. Now my question is that, if we apply for the enrollment (2023-24) and get picked up in the lottery, will my daughter need to be residing in NC when we complete the process, which is February of 2023. Or just my husband's residency will be enough to complete the process.

We are in the process of making a move and want to do that with minimal impact on our daughter's studies. Your inputs will help us in the process.

Thanks in advance for the response.

1 Reply
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @richapatel

Thank you for reaching out for assistance. The PowerSchool Community is a great resource if you have any changes to be made while completing fields within the enrollment form. Each school, however, has a different process and can provide the best steps to move forward when enrolling students.

You will need to contact the district directly to enquire about the criteria for the enrollment as they would be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information on your student's enrollment. 

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!