Race options while completing registration

Division13
Padawan

Race options while completing registration

I don't understand why these are the only options to choose from when it comes to Race. There should be a Latino and Bi-racial option as well as Other with a free text field. I have seen where another parent complained about this in 2019 with the response that it would be looked into. It's 2021 and it still hasn't been updated. The school statistics are definitely skewed and misrepresented with this inaccurate information as we are forced to choose from the current limited options. 

Screenshot 2021-05-17 091650.png

2 Replies
HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@Division13 

Your district can work with PS Enrollment to revise the dropdown. However, if the state only allows the reporting of certain races then does will be the ones available for the district to use. My district uses PS Enrollment and have the same list. Since these are the only ones allowed for our state reporting purposes, I am stuck using them. 

I know that doesn't solve your issue, but maybe this will help you to understand. PowerSchool can't change it. The states and districts have to.

Have a nice day!!!

Heather Weist, MEd
PowerSchool - SIS Administrator, Commonwealth Charter Academy

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2021 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2022 Winner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
Division13
Padawan

Thank you. I've contacted our district in an effort to have this fixed.