Never received a verification email, tried to resend.

robcecchino
Journeyman

Never received a verification email, tried to resend.

I started parent registration as a parent on Powerschool and was able to add my son using his access id/secret.  After submitting the form and trying to login, i receive the error "PowerSchool account email has not been verified.  Click here to resend a new account verification email".  The resend is not working as I am not receiving the verification email.  I've tried this over a couple of days, nothing in spam folder.  I believe my email address is correct since a re-registration fails because the system recognizes my email address.

The site i'm using is for my son's school: https://wcpss.powerschool.com/

Any suggestions to get the verification email working?

5 Replies
igreen3443

I’m having the same issue with the same district, I’ve been trying to get a verification email sent for the past week. I called the power school tech support and was redirected to call the school district. I left my information for a call back , apparently there is some glitch in the system but from reading the other post there may be a work around where they can sent a temporary password.
robcecchino
Journeyman

Ah ok - glad it is not only me having this issue.  Who did you reach out to in the district?  I can do the same if you think that will help.  ty!

robcecchino
Journeyman

WCPSS passed a number to me for tech services, and I left a message explaining my issue and that others are seeing similar.  If I get any details (or they can confirm the temp password is the solution), I will share it here!

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @robcecchino 

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!  

If you created a Parent Portal account according to the steps listed in the article How do I log into PowerSchool and not receiving verification emails, please try the following steps.

• Make sure the emails are not in your email account's Spam or Junk folders.
  • Make sure that the domain is not blocked by a firewall.

If you are still not receiving emails, there may be an issue on the school or district's end.  We recommend reaching out to the school or district to report the issue.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

robcecchino
Journeyman

Thank you @JyotishkaB .  Spam/Junk folders are clear, domain is not blocked by firewall.  I've reached out to the district for assistance.  Will follow up here once I hear back.