Grade Level Change

Candreessen1
Journeyman

Grade Level Change

I need help changing a students grade level.  Can anyone assist me please?  Thank you.

16 Replies
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!

I will be happy to look into this with you.  Would you please provide the following details?

• Are you trying to change your child's grade in a registration form?
  • Are you seeing the incorrect grade on the parent portal?
Candreessen1
Journeyman

I entered the incorrect grade in enrollment and am trying to change it.  

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for your response!

I recommend reaching out to your child's school to request the grade level is changed.  The school should be able to change the grade level in your child's registration form on your behalf.

Candreessen1
Journeyman

I am the administrator at the school inputting the information.  I need help changing the grade level.  Thank you.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for this information!

If the data hasn't been exported to PowerSchool Student Information Systems, then you'll want to change the grade level in the Submission Workspace in Enrollment. If the data has already been exported to PowerSchool SIS, you'll want to update the grade level in PowerSchool SIS.

Candreessen1
Journeyman

Thank you.  I am the Powerschool Administrator and am not able to do it for some reason.  UGH.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

PowerSchool Admin within the district should be able to change the grade levels for one student if the rollover has been completed or all students during the rollover if the rollover has not been completed.  I recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool Admin, also known as the PowerSchool Designated Support Contacts within the district, to assist with the change of a student's grade level.

aforte
Journeyman

were you able to get an answer for this? I am an administrator as well and we are new to power school. I cannot figure out how to change grade levels and can't seem to find a straight forward answer.
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for your response in the Community!

Can you confirm if the school district has completed the end of year rollover in PowerSchool SIS?

Aeads0913
Padawan

Myla for first grade??

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @Aeads0913,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  I will follow up with you through a direct message to gather further information.

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Candreessen1
Journeyman

Thank you, I am beyond frustrated and can't wait to hear from you.

Darmcfar
Apprentice

We had a parent who registered her child for the wrong grade level and we are just discovering this the second week of school.  What do I need to do to move this student to the correct grade?

aforte
Journeyman

When you are logged into PowerSchool, choose the student. On the side scroll down to enrollment, click transfer info. Click the entry date. 

When that screen opens you can scroll down and change the grade level. 

antonsen
Journeyman

Thank you! Why that is so deeply and counterintuitively buried, I don't know. I appreciate the help.

AIS
Hobbyist

Excellent guide.

Following the above suggested steps, one can change any grades taught at a specific school (All the grade of Elementary school (G1, G2, G3).