student count

iamsj
Rookie

student count

Is there any way I can run a report with just a number of absences per day without listing the students. I just need a number of absences for a time period. I can see where I can look at meeting attendance and see the number of absences for that day but that report lists all the students. I just need the number?

Thanks

3 Replies
andiecorral
Journeyman

We use this report:
School Attendance - Daily Attendance Summary from a plugin from PSCB Custom Reports.

See image attached to give you an idea of the summary without student names and just totals.

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @iamsj

You can try to pull the absences number with the help of DDE. 

• Navigate to start page > Select the student
  • Navigate to Start Page > System Administrator > Page and Data Management > Direct Database Export (DDE)
  • Current Table: Attendance
  • Select all records
  • Match select with the students' table
  • Attendance_CodeID = ****
  • Search within the records

To find Attendance_CodeID:

• Navigation Steps:
  • Navigate to start page > Select the student
  • Navigate to Start Page > System Administrator > Page and Data Management > Direct Database Export (DDE)
  • Current Table: Attendance_Code
  • Filter with YearID and Att_Code

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

GinaC2
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If you just want to count absences "per day" you could also consider running the "ADA/ADM by Date" in System Reports for the date range you need. This will give you the total students enrolled each day and the total attended (based on your setup). Copy that into Excel and you can easily subtract the two for each day to get the total absent - then sum it at the bottom to get the total absences for the whole time period.

This can be run by school only, so if you are looking for district-wide data, I would suggest using DDE for the Attendance table and referencing [156]att_code to get the code abbreviation rather than the ID number since that number will be different across all schools.

Just bear in mind when pulling data out with DDE that you will see both meeting and daily attendance, so you might be duplicating some of your absence totals if teachers take attendance in any classes.

Also - If you have any complicated calculations like must be absent 4 or more periods to be considered absent for the day, searching DDE won't tell you that. So a lot of this depends on your specific attendance calculation setup.