lack of access on PS Community

RodneyF
Journeyman

lack of access on PS Community

Could you check my access on PS Community?

Rodney Flint

rflint@riverviewschools.com

Riverview Community High School

Riverview, MI

14 Replies
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: lack of access on PS Community

Hi! @RodneyF 

We strive to protect the user's personal information and to make sure that no private information is shared on the PowerSchool community, I will follow up with you over a private message to assist you further about your community access.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
nholloway
Journeyman

I also have this issue. I was registered to watch the webinar on records management and received an email stating that I could watch the recorded version and to just click the link to watch it, but it is stating that i don't have access to that either. Just wondering what I need to do to get that access?

Thanks so much!

RodneyF
Journeyman

I don't know.  I never got in.  I was directed to the PowerSchool University because the tech director didn't want to grant rights to me to contact the tech-help desk, which I assume has overlapping rights.  

The PSU is pretty good actually.  I like the ease and organization.  Though I would prefer to also have the links provided in the webinar.

nholloway
Journeyman

I have been using the PSU and quite like it as well. It just seems a wee bit strange to offer me a link to watch the webinar that I registered for, but then deny me access to the recorded version?? Hopefully they will adjust that somehow. Even though I am just a secretary at a school, it is nice to know tips and tricks to getting things to working even better.

Thanks for letting me know!

RodneyF
Journeyman

Agreed.  I emailed the person who provided the Zoom links asking for a PDF or PPT version of the presentation.  If I get aware with it, I'll let you know.  

nholloway
Journeyman

Terrific!! Thanks so much!

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @nholloway,

I am happy to assist you with your access.  Can you please help me with the link to the resource that you are trying to access?  

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
RodneyF
Journeyman

I got it in an email after attending the PS webinar on Jan 19 at 11:00 (Pacific time).  When I click on the link, it brings me here:  https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Administrator/Office-Hours-PowerScheduler-Prep/ta-p/...  to my PS Comm page that tells me I do not have the access to watch this video.  

It's strange that I need a certain level of access in order to view certain videos or access certain informational codes.  Here's a screen shot.

RodneyF_0-1611341711890.png

Click on it and it brings me to this dead end.  I push further to gain the proper access to watch the video, but the access provides rights to contact PS tech support and our district tech support doesn't want to do that, which I understand.  I just want to watch the video over again and gain the helpful links with in it.  

RodneyF_1-1611341900879.png

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @RodneyF,

I have reached out to you via a Private Message to further discuss your access, this is part of our efforts to protect the privacy of our community members.

You can view your private messages inside the PowerSchool Community by selecting the envelope in the top right corner of any page in the Community to the right of your avatar. When a new message appears, you should see the number one with a dark red circle on the envelope.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!