email a progress report Power Teacher Pro

rwilli58

email a progress report Power Teacher Pro

How can I use PowerTeacher Pro to create progress reports for an entire class and then email those progress reports how to the parents?

4 Replies
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @rwilli58,

This is a great question!

The latest version of PowerSchool SIS has an option for creating progress reports for an entire class and then emailing them to the parents through PowerTeacher Pro.  Through PowerTeacher Pro - Email option, teachers can now send plain-text emails to students and contacts directly from the Create option in PowerTeacher Pro.  An option to Copy Emails will copy all selected email addresses (separated by a semicolon and space) to the clipboard, allowing an email that requires rich text or attachments to be quickly drafted using another email service.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
rwilli58

It's great to know that "the latest version of PowerSchool SIS has an option for creating progress reports for an entire class and then emailing them to the parents through PowerTeacher Pro". How do I make that happen? I have made progress reports using the mock interface I was given for practice, but all I get is a PDF that has all of the students in one file. 

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @rwilli58,

Thank you for getting back to me with your questions.

We recommend reaching out to the Designated Support Contact within your district to assist you further with your queries and provide you more information related to this. 

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@rwilli58 Unfortunately you CANNOT email progress reports within PowerTeacher Pro. The new feature in 20.4.2 allows only a regular text based email with NO attachments.  In addition, your PowerSchool Admin must turn on this feature for teachers to email from within PTP. There are other third party vendors who do support document attachment based on student ID (School Messenger, SwiftK12, etc.) 

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000