Wrap quotes or headers for auto send exports

chaeunwoo

Wrap quotes or headers for auto send exports

Has anyone ever figured out how to wrap quotes on auto send exports? Same question for headers on the columns. Very frustrating that this is not included because lots of vendors want this on exported data.

3 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @chaeunwoo 

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Currently, we do not have this feature available to wrap quotes on auto send exports or for headers or on the columns in PowerSchool SIS. However, we found similar enhancement request submitted by another Community Member. The Idea numbers are listed below:

• SIS-I-11819 
  • SIS-I-8666
  • SIS-I-11895
  • SIS-I-8416

We recommend you as well as other members to vote-up the existing ideas via the PowerSchool Ideas Portal. You can search for ideas using the idea number mentioned above in the Search Ideas field at the top right corner of the Ideas Portal.

1. Click on the Vote box next to the Idea.
  2. The vote box should change to green and the counter should increase by one.

This article should walk you on how to vote an Enhancement Request.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
schoolsbuddy
Rookie

I have upvoted the issue but this is several years old and causing massive issues.

The Attendance report can include the attendance comments field and this can have any number of commas, spaces, tabs, new lines etc that all break a CSV import.

As this is an attendance record, this also has safeguarding implications as it can incorrectly import attandance details into the external system.

PS need to follow the correct structure for CSV exports otherwise it is next to impossible to handle these files correctly.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @schoolsbuddy,

Good Day! We understand your concern. Please be informed that Including the "header" row in your auto sends is currently not an available option and is outside the scope of current functionality.

Additionally, we recommend subscribing to the PowerSchool SIS Roadmap to get updates and track the enhancements being considered for future releases.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator