Using SCHOOLOGY for the last time this summer

Sid
Journeyman

Using SCHOOLOGY for the last time this summer

I have been using Schoology for a long time now and after the recent announcement, I am a bit miffed that it has all come to a resounding, abrupt end.

I am teaching summer school and wanted to get my new students to join my summer course, but it seems many can no longer do so as they're not former Schoology users. If one already has a schoology account, they seem to be able to join with a course code, but new students can't do the same.

If it's being shut down in October, why limit this for this for the summer?

So frustrating.

4 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Sid 

After much consideration, we made the decision to end Schoology Basic to focus our energy on building innovative features and user experiences within Schoology Learning, our enterprise-level solution. If you have questions about this notification that are not answered in our FAQs (link below), please email schoology-basic-customer-inquiries@powerschool.com.

Please note, we are only taking questions from Teachers with Schoology Basic accounts.·         

• If you are an Enterprise user, please reach out to our support team directly.·         
  • If you are a parent or student, please reach out to your teacher/course administrator.

Please expect a response time of around 10 business days to your form submission. Should the inquiry be incomplete, the team will not be able to respond to the request.

Link to the FAQs: https://www.powerschool.com/faq-schoology-basic/

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Sid
Journeyman

Hello,

Thanks for the generic automated response I have already seen several times with the exact wording. This is not helpful.

It puts thousands of educators in a difficult position scrambling to find an alternative. They are out there, but SCHOOLOGY was always the best and easiest platform to use. Now I have to find TIME and put in some real effort to transfer files and folders going back a decade and figure out how to organize it all in the short couple of months we have left. Now we're in the summer holidays and not always near a work computer so that's a summer's worth of working ability lost because it's filled with other family-oriented matters.

Your solution is not a solution as it just means we all have to figure it out ourselves. If you at least had a way of just leaving the materials and files accessible for a much longer transition period rather than just until October, that would help somewhat, I think.

Feed that back to your superiors and management and see whether they can find a compromise. If not, that is just a sad state of affairs and we'll say goodbye in October.

Thanks

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Sid 

Unfortunately, as mentioned in this article: FAQ-Schoology, teachers, students, and parents will no longer be able to access Schoology Basic after October 1, 2023. PowerSchool will not be able to reinstate access to the Schoology Basic platform after that date. All content and data for Schoology Basic will be permanently deleted in the weeks following the decommission date. 

You will have until October 1, 2023, to use these functions to retrieve your Schoology Basic content from the platform. You may find instructions for exporting course content within our Personal Resources support guide and Grades may be exported.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Also @Sid, if you want the new students to join your summer course, you can have them try this link https://app.schoology.com/register.php and join the course with the course access code. 

Please let us know if they were able to join the course.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator