Summer Withdrawal

Highlighted
Journeyman

Summer Withdrawal

Wanting to stay compliant with Arizona State. How do I do a summer withdrawal? I know how to "transfer student out" but what date should I be choosing?

Do I choose the first date when our school is suppose to start?

Do I choose a date in July? Our old system (school master) use to automatically choose a summer withdraw date for us and it was in July. Was unsure if this was a state recommendation or a system recommendation. 

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Summer Withdrawal

Hi @cruth,

Thank you for your question in PowerSchool Community!

To assist you further with the query you are having on choosing dates for Summar withdrawal, we recommend reaching out to the Designated Support Contacts within your district who should be able to connect with the state and provide you more information.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @cruth.,

As a former Schoolmaster user, I know the transition you are making. I'm sure you have your answer on this question, so I'm sharing for the sake of sharing. You should use the same day school starts. So, 8/17/2020 (first day of school) entry date should be exited with 8/17/2020 exit date. This will send the summer withdrawal to AzEDS correctly.

It's important to note... if the student re-enrolls do not delete the summer withdrawal line like you did in Schoolmaster. According to the below article this will cause integrity issues.

Knowledgebase 9085 has good info on this (article was last modified Feb 2020):

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-State-Specific/AZ-SAIS-Summer-Withdrawal-Integrity-E...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Additionally, the help icon to State Reporting Help has a document called Enrollment Rules that lists the different type of enrollment transactions and it provides a bit more information about how the system handles each transaction. I found it pretty helpful.

They do have a typo under the No Show Withdrawal where they reference summer withdrawals... I think they meant to say 'no show' withdrawals.