Storing grades for previous terms.

paqulara
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Storing grades for previous terms.

Our school has recently started allowing students to take online dual credit courses through the summer. We have to update the grades as we receive them which is after the school year has rolled over. Going into historical grades and updating them has been done, however, they are still not showing up on the student transcript. I went in and looked at how they were stored. They were stored under S3 which is a code we do not usually use. I have tried multiple ways to go in and store these updated students grades to get them to show on the transcripts and get errors each time. Is it most likely due to the way it was saved? Or how the class itself was entered in? I guess my actual question after all of that is, what would be the correct way to enter and save these students grades. Would another school need to be created? 

1 Solution
paqulara
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I am going to try adding S3 to the object report. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'll keep you posted. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

You cannot use the Permanently Store Grades function for previous school years (after EOY). When you say "store" do you mean manually enter on the Historical Grades screen? Is there any reason you cannot add the S3 store code to the transcript object? Or enter these grades with a store code already used by the transcript opbect? What sort of errors are you seeing?

PowerSchool Champion

I am going to try adding S3 to the object report. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'll keep you posted. Thank you.

Balexis_6
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi, How would I store grades from a previous school year?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Balexis_6 You cannot use the Store Grades function for previous years. You will have to either manually enter the grades on a student's Historical Grade page or import them.