Smart Find Express: NSR absence

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Smart Find Express: NSR absence

When creating an absence the questions "Is a substitute required?" does not populate. 

I brought up the student >Parameters >Jobs >checked the box that says "ask if a substitute is required". 

However, when I impersonate the employee and try to enter the absence I am not asked the questions "is a substitute required?" 

Where do I enable this feature? 

Gloria

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Smart Find Express: NSR absence

Hi Gloria,

We are working with the PowerSchool SmartFind Express product team to gather more information on the "is a substitute required?" feature when impersonating a user.  We will update this thread with further information.

Thank you for your patience

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @gprado 

We thank you for your patience while we were working with the product team.

There is a parameter to populate, Is a substitute required? on create an absence page.  I recommend navigating to Parameters > Jobs > Enable Create absence screen Is Substitute Required radio button change to checkbox selection, as shown in the screenshot below.

Absence.png

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Highlighted
Hobbyist

This was helpful and helped me populate the "Is a substitute required?" question. I was searching the job parameters and missed these 2 boxes completely. 

Thank you,

Gloria