Schoology - Unenroll self from PD Class

darcyhassing
Journeyman

Schoology - Unenroll self from PD Class

I enrolled in a Schoology PD course YEARS AGO.  The company went bankrupt/closed.  All of the teachers who signed up for this PD have been stuck in this class since 2016.  We would just like to be removed from this class and it continues to show up on our Schoology Course page.  We have requested many times to be removed, with no luck.  Can someone please help?  

9 Replies
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @darcyhassing,

Thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Support!

To assist you further, would you please let me know if you were referring to a third-party company that was providing Schoology PD courses? If yes, can you share more information on that?

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
darcyhassing
Journeyman

This is the course - It was put on by Virtual Village Classroom.  I heard they went out of business.  I have contacted the course admins and requested them to drop me from the class, but no replies.  This has gone on since 2016 (6 years).  

Please help those of us in this course by dropping us - you can see the comments.   

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 10.31.49 AM.png

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @darcyhassing

If you have reached out to your course admins and have not heard back from them, I would suggest that you the Support Contact of your district who should be able to assist you further. You can scroll to the bottom of the page, click on Support and reach out to the district's support contacts.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

darcyhassing
Journeyman

It has been 6 years  - multiple attempts to contact course admin - no luck.  I also contacted our admin, but they can't do anything since this is not a school-related course. The only real option is for Schoology to step in and help the teachers who are stuck in this class and can't leave.  They need to delete the class or remove all participants.   If you read the comments on the "wall"  of the course you will see everyone wants this course removed.  

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @darcyhassing,

I will be reaching out to you through a case to discuss this further to make sure that we aren't sharing any private information on a public platform.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

sjoyce

There really needs to be a way for teachers to have the power to unenroll in courses. I also have several PD courses that have been inactive for years and the admins no longer work in the network. It's really annoying to have my courses cluttered.

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @darcyhassing,

I appreciate your patience.

I have reached out and let the support tech know that you are asking for a follow-up on the case.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
darcyhassing
Journeyman

I have not heard back on a case to remove this class from my list.  

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

hi @darcyhassing and @sjoyce,

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community!

I have found this article, Q&A: Leave a Course or Group. This will explain how you can leave a course if you are a co-administrator. Although if you are a member-only, the course administrator must remove you from the course. 

Allowing teachers/staff to unenroll from a Schoology course would be a great enhancement request. I suggest you submit this through the PowerSchool Ideas Portal. This article will help you with the process of submitting the idea.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support