Schoology New Instructor Account

cbehnke
Padawan

Schoology New Instructor Account

Hello! I'm currently in the process of trying to setup a new instructor account on Schoology as I'm going to be using it heavily at my new school with sharing content from my PLC.

However, when I go to Schoology Learning register and click on instructor it just automatically sends me to the Getting Started Guide for Schoology.

There's no indication anywhere on the page of how to actually create a new account and step one asks me to login to my Schoology account in order to access the Schoology Learning support page. But since I can't create an account that's rather difficult.

Any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated!

33 Replies
JuanCarlos
Rookie

Hi, I need to create an account as a teacher, I can see my school exists in the list: François Vatelschool

What is the second step? What do I must to do?

SAFFIYAT
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JuanCarlos

If you are looking for options to create a teacher account then we recommend reviewing this thread for options available as a Basic or an Enterprise level Schoology user.

Saffiya Tasneem
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
j-er
Recruit

Hi! I looked through this thread but I saw no way of making a new teacher account as a basic user.... what are the solutions available?

CultivateLearn
Journeyman

I'm looking for the same. Sadly, the thread reveals that basic user accounts have been disabled. They are not offering them any more.

It seems that it would be nice if the company just posted that on their site instead of having the REGISTER button take you to PowerSchool and support pages.

CultivateLearn
Journeyman

Same problem here. Very frustrating. It takes me to PowerSchool where I registered, but that account is not recognized in Schoology.

It appears the website team needs to fix the links for creating accounts.

carlos_mendoza
Journeyman

Es un engaño el que les permitan registrarse pensando que se están registrando a Schoology, pero que realmente solo se estén dando de alta a la comunidad, sin poder usar Schooology como herramienta de apoyo para dar un curso. 

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @carlos_mendoza,

Con un número cada vez mayor de escuelas y distritos que confían en Schoology Learning para respaldar sus programas de aprendizaje mixto, híbrido y a distancia en toda la organización, PowerSchool se compromete a garantizar que estas escuelas y distritos cuenten con todo nuestro apoyo para brindar un regreso a clases sin problemas. experiencia durante este momento crítico. Por lo tanto, desactivaremos temporalmente la posibilidad de que las nuevas cuentas de instructor se registren en Schoology Basic, la edición gratuita para el aula de Schoology Learning. Los usuarios existentes de Schoology Basic seguirán teniendo acceso a sus cuentas y pueden estar seguros de que sus estudiantes y padres aún podrán inscribirse en Schoology Basic en www.schoology.com.

Si está buscando crear una cuenta de Schoology a nivel empresarial, le recomiendo que se comunique con los administradores de Schoology en su distrito escolar, quienes deberían poder crear una nueva cuenta de Schoology para usted.

Además, PowerSchool Community, help.powerschool.com es un sitio web/plataforma donde los usuarios pueden interactuar entre sí para discutir sus problemas y ayudarse mutuamente a resolverlos y pueden acceder a recursos como artículos de la base de conocimientos, grabación de horas de oficina, etc. Considerando que, Para registrarse en Schoology, debe ingresar a app.schoology.com.

Por favor, hágamelo saber si esto ayuda o en caso de más preguntas.

ParitoshT

Moderador de la comunidad

truskycr
Journeyman

JUST ENABLE THE FREE ACCOUNT OPTION!
(Thank you if you do)
truskycr
Journeyman

And also make sure to leave kudos!
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @CultivateLearn 

Earlier, to focus our energy on building innovative features and user experiences within Schoology Learning, we had discontinued the creation of new basic accounts for Schoology users, although existing basic accounts could still be accessed by users. However, now we no longer support access to any basic accounts at the individual level even the existing ones.

Our model does not offer direct-to-consumer product licenses. However, we are happy to discuss our product license approach with administrators from your school, district, or organization. 

For more information, please refer to this FAQ .If you have questions about this notification that are not answered in our FAQs (linked above), please email schoology-basic-customer-inquiries@powerschool.com.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

"to focus our energy on building innovative features and user experiences within Schoology Learning"

When will that energy be applied to fixing the feature gaps in Assessments or towards making grading easier (avoiding carpal tunnel) in Google Drive Assignments?

PS can't even re-label the button to start a basic assignment from "Submit" (which really means you are done and turning in your assignment) to "Begin" or "Start".

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

Unless your new school is a Schoology Enterprise school, there is no option. If it is an Enterprise school, their Schoology admin will have to create an account for you.

MagunTukan
Padawan

Saya Juga,, masih bungung,,