Help

Reordering Linked Sections in Schoology

frodojrr
Journeyman

Reordering Linked Sections in Schoology

Is there a way to reorder course sections  I already linked in Schoology? When I linked this semester, one group ended up as 5(A), 1(A), 3(A) . I don't know how it happened, but this throws me a bit when I enter this course to enter grades.

Reordering Courses on the My Courses page is not the issue. I understand how to do this. This is specific to course sections that are already linked.

If I unlink them and try to link them again, I will lose everything the students have uploaded, including tests and scores. I learned this from experience with another course. The CSV we download after unblinking sections does not include files students submitted already. Lost files from the first several assignments.

Here is the problem course:

Wrld Religns: Ecumncl & Intrrelig Issues

5(A), 1(A), 3(A) 

2 Replies
Melody242

Hello,

@frodojrr wrote:

Is there a way to reorder course sections  I already linked in Schoology? When I linked this semester, one group ended up as 5(A), 1(A), 3(A) . I don't know how it happened, but this throws me a bit when I enter this course to enter grades.

Reordering Courses on the My Courses page is not the issue. I understand how to do this. This is specific to course sections that are already linked.

hp instant ink

If I unlink them and try to link them again, I will lose everything the students have uploaded, including tests and scores. I learned this from experience with another course. The CSV we download after unblinking sections does not include files students submitted already. Lost files from the first several assignments.

Here is the problem course:

Wrld Religns: Ecumncl & Intrrelig Issues

5(A), 1(A), 3(A) 

There might be a way to reorder course sections within Schoology, even after they've been linked. However, the exact steps might vary depending on your Schoology version and configuration. Here are some general approaches you could try:
Check for a Reordering Option: Course Settings: Look for a "Reorder Sections" or similar option within the course settings. Drag-and-Drop Functionality: Some Schoology versions allow you to drag and drop course sections to reorder them.

joshuabrose
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

We have the same issue - I have received several requests by teachers to reorder linked sections and there seems to be no way to do this as the Section NID is what is currently used to order sections (Something teachers do not regularly see or use).

Fortunately it looks like this functionality is a scheduled future release for 24/25.