Problem uploading text or pdf files or pasted text for Cover Letter in job application

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problem uploading text or pdf files or pasted text for Cover Letter in job application

Hello,

I am in the process of filling out a job application for the UCLA Ziman Center for Real Estate and at the point where required to upload a Cover Letter or References, after clicking on Confirm Attaching Document, I get an error message stating that "an error occurred uploading your document...". I have attempted different document types; pdf, text, or Mac Pages (Word compatible) and with all types, I get the same error message. I even attempted pasting the Cover Letter in but get the same error message.

This is preventing me from submitting my application for this position.  Please help.  Thank you.

Regards,

Mark Hetherington

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Problem uploading text or pdf files or pasted text for Cover Letter in job application

Hi! @MarkH_LA,

An error message occurs when there is a space or special character in the title of what is being uploaded.  I recommend removing any special characters and ensuring there are not any spaces in the title of the documents.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Problem uploading text or pdf files or pasted text for Cover Letter in job application

Thanks, Muskan - I will try that. I've been spoiled by Macs allowing spaces in file names...

Cheers,
Mark