Powerteacher Pro reports - Student roster does not show all demographics columns I want

Mathman1550
Journeyman

Powerteacher Pro reports - Student roster does not show all demographics columns I want

I am in Powerteacher Pro reports trying to do a student roster report to make a roster to include in my classroom's "School Safety Manual."  If there were an emergency, I would want the parent names and contact information for each of my students' parents.  I see how to include the Mother name and Father name and a home contact phone, but the Display Columns list does not include the option to include Mother Home Phone, Mother Work Phone, Father Home Phone, or Father Work Phone (all of which I can see on the student's Demographics page).  What it does include is the Emergency Contact and their Phone, but most parents do not put themselves as the emergency contact because they are already filling out the form with their information listed under parent and have a family friend or relative listed there.

What can I do? Does my school need to list the parent contact information under Emergency contact, even though it is already listed under parent in the Demographics page?  Or perhaps there could be an update to include those options in the list?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: Powerteacher Pro reports - Student roster does not show all demographics columns I want

Thank you for participating in the PowerSchool Community! @Mathman1550 

Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge with Community members @JeffG9 !

There are capabilities within PowerTeacher Pro that allows for Teacher reports to be built or customized.  While I cannot speak to the type of reports that can be built within each district, your PowerSchool Admin, also known as the PowerSchool Designated Support Contact, within your district should be able to review your request and determine if the report can be built within your district.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Powerteacher Pro reports - Student roster does not show all demographics columns I want

Morning,

The data you are looking for is better gathered in the Teacher Portal as opposed to reports in PowerTeacher Pro. Check the "Backpack" to see which student screens you have access to, and click on Reports to see what reports your PowerSchool administrator has allowed teachers to print.

This is unhelpful. As I stated in my first post I can see the information I want under student demographics (in the backpack as you describe it) but I do not want to print the demographics page of all 100 of my students if I can get the right information from a report (only a few pages). The reports through PowerSchool portal do not allow me to include any sort of demographics like phone numbers, so those are not helpful.

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Sorry I am so...unhelpful.

You can ask your PowerSchool Administrator to make such a report available to teachers on the Teacher Portal. As I said, PT Pro is not designed to do what you are trying to do.

You are wrong that it does not do this type of report. It IS designed to print a report with student name, home phone, mother name, father name, emergency contact, emergency contact name and phone. All under Student roster. (I know this because I did one yesterday!)

I just want to have Father phone, mother phone, father work phone, mother work phone added to the options that are given in the list of columns that I can add in to the report.

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I did not say that it does not produce that type of report. I said it is not designed to do what you are trying to do. You can ask your PowerSchool administrator to customize the gradebook if they are able. Or you can ask them to make such a report available to you on the Teacher Portal. Or you can ask them to alter how they enter student data on the Admin side so that it suits your needs.

Thank you for participating in the PowerSchool Community! @Mathman1550 

Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge with Community members @JeffG9 !

There are capabilities within PowerTeacher Pro that allows for Teacher reports to be built or customized.  While I cannot speak to the type of reports that can be built within each district, your PowerSchool Admin, also known as the PowerSchool Designated Support Contact, within your district should be able to review your request and determine if the report can be built within your district.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post