PowerTeacher Pro Reports - Student names taking up two lines on student roster report

Highlighted
Padawan

PowerTeacher Pro Reports - Student names taking up two lines on student roster report

When I run my rosters in PowerTeacher Pro now the majority of my student names (anyone with more than 12 characters in their first/last name combined) takes up two lines in the report.  Why is this?  How can I change this?  I should be able to run a roster and only use one sheet of paper per class instead of two!  Please tell me how to fix this.  Is there a setting somewhere?  I thought I used to be able to do this but it seems like since there was an update now almost all of my student names take up two lines.  This uses SO much paper!  I have tried different numbers of columns, portrait vs landscape, different printers....all to no avail.  Please help!  Thanks!!

4 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: PowerTeacher Pro Reports - Student names taking up two lines on student roster report

@msnyder190 

On the Format tab of the report setup, switch the output to Excel.

Re: PowerTeacher Pro Reports - Student names taking up two lines on student roster report

Thanks, Jeff.  I have resorted to that, but I really like the PDF format and am hoping there is a way to use it.  It exports quickly when I have roster changes and I've just really gotten used to using it. 

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@msnyder190 

This issue was introduced as part of an update. I know the PS folks are aware of it but have no idea if a fix is planned. Stay safe!

Community Support Expert

Hi @msnyder190,

Thank you for participating in the PowerSchool Community!

Thank you for jumping in the thread to assist, @JeffG9!

We have a feature request that has been submitted to the Product team to enable the ability to adjust the column widths before printing out and I have voted the request on behalf of you.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!