Plugin update, no changes detected

mbaron
Journeyman

Plugin update, no changes detected

Hello everyone! I am a developer and working on powerschool plugin. I made some changes to the code, and rezipped the files and updated the plugin. Plugin updates without any issues and is enabled, however when running the plugin I do not see the changes I had made. It is the same old. May I ask why the changes I made in code are not visible? I zipped the web_root and plugin.xml files at the root level, so that is fine. 

2 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @mbaron

We would need to have a look at the modifications you made to the code to determine why the changes are not showing. We recommend that you report this to the Technical Contact of your district who should be able to work with PowerSchool Support through a case to troubleshoot further.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

mbaron
Journeyman

Thank you so much for getting back to me so soon. So I was able to figure out why the changes weren't showing up.

I had to change/increment the version number both in the plugin.xml and in web_root. 

Another step that helped was deleting the plugin and reinstalling the new one instead of using the "update" feature.