[PeopleAdmin] Immigration & Visa Sponsorship Tracking

ReidC
Journeyman

[PeopleAdmin] Immigration & Visa Sponsorship Tracking

Hello,

I had been waiting for the PowerSchool Community transition before posting this idea, so I hope I'm in the correct forum.

I wanted to know if there were any plans to implement the ability to track the visa/petition status for current employees and those who have just recently been hired?

Currently, we use Excel spreadsheets and Banner reports to stay up-to-date on who needs a renewal, whose work eligibility will soon expire, and to provide ETAs for those with current immigration petitions. I thought it would be helpful to have information like this included in PeopleAdmin suite. Not only could this provide a unified platform for tracking and management for our immigration team, but it could also help keep the employee informed on what they need to do and when they need to reach out for assistance.

I'd also be interested in hearing how others manage their international hires.

Thanks,  

3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: [PeopleAdmin] Immigration & Visa Sponsorship Tracking

Hi @ReidC

Thank you for your post! I have shared this with our PeopleAdmin team. We'll be back in touch as soon as we have an update on your request.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Thank you so much for reaching out! 

While we are not specifically planning on a visa/petition status tracking feature, we are planning on building a few features next year which may be able to support this. We would like to follow up with you directly to understand your visa/petition tracking process, so that we can determine if this is a scenario we should be considering as we build these upcoming features.

I'll message you directly to get in touch. 

KathyMc
Journeyman

Hi!  At Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, we use Banner to track the dates and visa types, and with a series of reports, ticklers, and email reminders.   We are also a People Admin School, but immigration data is not tracked in PA for us.  An applications developer here at Rensselaer wrote the report for HR in Appworx, (which has since been been migrated to Automic.)  I am not the tech-y here, but if you are interested, and I will connect you with the right resource.