Object Reports

cseaccgibson
Hobbyist

Object Reports

How can I create a check box in an object report based on a stored table value? For instance, if a parent answers "yes" in an Enrollment Express form, it is stored in a defined user table with a 1. I would want a checkbox to be "checked" with this value and "unchecked" with the value of 0. Since we do not have eCollect, we cannot print this form. Therefore, I have been directed to re-create the form in the Object Reports. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Since a check mark on an object report would be an image I don't think you can do that, however you can decode a field to pull specific text value based on a field value.

So like IF the Field = '1' Then Show 'Y' or 'YES'

Here is a KB article that goes over decoding fields:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/IF-THEN-and-DECODE/ta-p/15526

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Since a check mark on an object report would be an image I don't think you can do that, however you can decode a field to pull specific text value based on a field value.

So like IF the Field = '1' Then Show 'Y' or 'YES'

Here is a KB article that goes over decoding fields:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/IF-THEN-and-DECODE/ta-p/15526

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

View solution in original post

cseaccgibson
Hobbyist

Thanks Doug! This was exactly what I was looking for!

ThomasRe1b
Achiever

Another option would be to use a decode with the Zapf Dingbats font that is standard in PowerSchool.  When using this font, the numbers 3 and 4 will both render as a check marks.  In my example below, the decode looks at the value in my custom alert_IEP field.  If the value is 1, it displays the character 3 rendered as a check mark because that is how the Zapf Dingbats font renders a '3.'  Otherwise it displays as blank. 

^(decode;^(alert_IEP);1;<font face="Zapf Dingbats">3</font>;)

It also does this for the number 4, although the style of the check mark is slightly different. 

You would set this up as a separate text object in an object report.  If you want to have it appear as a check mark in a box, you could layer this text object over a small box object set to occupy approximately the same coordinates in your report.