Object Report School Years

ansmith743
Rookie

Object Report School Years

Hello!

I am using Object Reports to build a Verification of Enrollment form. They want me to place the current year and any previous years that the student has been enrolled in the district. I am not sure how to go about this. I tried making a Powerquery using the CC.Dateenrolled and CC.Dateexit fields, but I am unsure of how to make it work. I keep getting the same error message for insufficient permissions for the powerquery. Does anyone know how I can place all enrollment years on a form?

7 Replies
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

The CC table shows what course sections a student is enrolled in...I think you want the ReEnrollments table.

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

ansmith743
Rookie

So when I place the Reenrollments in the object report, like so: ^([Reenrollments]Entrydate), it returns 0/0/0. How would I make it so it returns all of the previous years?

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@ansmith743  A student's current enrollment is in the Student's table and all previous enrollment data is in the Reenrollment table. I'm thinking you might be able to pull entry date and exit date from both tables, and use decoding of data to change it to school years. 

Heather Weist, MEd
PowerSchool - SIS Administrator, Commonwealth Charter Academy

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2021 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2022 Winner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
ansmith743
Rookie

So when I pull the current year from the students table it works just fine. But, when I try to pull from CC or Reenrollments it does not work. This is what it returns: 0/0/0. My thought was that it has to do with that it is returning multiple rows, maybe. Or, it is not connecting to the student id.

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ansmith743 

The previous enrollment information is stored in the Reenrollment table which is not accessible using object report/transcript. So, there is no built-in DAT code to pull Previous Enrollment dates on the Transcript. 

You can, however, use DDE to pull these records which are not available to object reports.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

ansmith743
Rookie

Sorry, I am a fairly new to PowerSchool, but I was under the impression that you can build your own DAT codes with a PowerQuery. Also, how would I place the DDE within the object Report?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

You can indeed build your own DAT codes with a PowerQuery Plugin:

https://docs.powerschool.com/PSHSA/22.12/page-and-data-management/data-access-tags/powerquery-dats

DDE is Direct Database Export. You cannot place it on an object report; it is an area of PowerSchool that allows you to export data directly.