New SIS implementation - School year start date help

crodrigues
Journeyman

New SIS implementation - School year start date help

How are elememtary schools handing the start of the year dates? We are newly implementing the SIS this year and I was adviced to start the school year on the actual start of school, but teachers are not seeing 23/24 year yet and its causing some concern.  Are admins handling this differently with a start date before the actual start of classes?

2 Replies
Williambrown

@crodrigues wrote:

How are elememtary schools handing the start of the year dates? We are newly implementing the SIS this year and I was adviced to start the school year on the actual start of school, but teachers are not seeing 23/24 year yet and its causing some concern.  Are admins handling this differently with a start date before the actual start of classes?

Hello,

Elementary school's approaches to the start of the year vary due to the new student information system implementation. Some advise starting the school year on the actual commencement date, causing concerns for teachers not seeing the 23/24 year. Administrators might opt for an earlier start date to address these concerns differently. 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@crodrigues This may not be your issue, but go to Setup>District>Miscellaneous>Default Term Between School Years>Make sure this is set to Next Year and not Previous Year.

It may require the overnight process to run for this change to take effect.