Missing Assignment Reports

jclarkph
Trainee

Missing Assignment Reports

I am an administrator and want to be able to create a report for missing assignments for each grade level and for the entire school. I don't have time to do this for each class when we have 7ish teachers per grade level. 

How can I create that report? I see that PS has been working on this since 2019. I was at a school where we used FACTS and it was very easy to run this report. 

Thank you.

5 Replies
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jclarkph,

The ability to run a missing assignment report in Powerschool SIS is yet to be established.  There are multiple enhancement requests on this in PowerSchool Ideas Portal. You can access them using these idea numbers.

• SIS-I-7719
  • SIS-I-6246
  • SIS-I-6857
  • SIS-I-6186

However,  there is a missing assignment report that you can run from PowerTeacher Pro. The output can be in PDF or Excel format. Here is a link on how to run this report: https://docs.powerschool.com/PTPH/latest/reports/missing-assignment-report

You can run it from the Admin side if you have read-only access to Teacher's gradebook. Once you launch the report it will show up under your report queue as an administrator under Start Page > System Administrator > Report Queues > Completed Reports.

The PDF format includes all the data you are looking for but the Excel format doesn't look like it shows Teacher Name. You could include this using the Top or bottom note option.

Another PowerSchool SIS client shared that they use a report for missing grades from a subscription-based website, PSCB. It is not a PowerSchool product but might be worth having your PowerSchool SIS Administrator check it out.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
jclarkph
Trainee

Thank you for your information. I am an administrator, and not in PowerSchool Teacher Pro. I know that I can run a missing assignment report for every teacher, but I don't have time to run a report for each of our 25 teachers and each of their 7 classes. 

The school I was at prior to this school, I was an administrator of grades 7-12. We had PS and went to FACTS. With FACTS I was able to easily run a report of missing assignments for the entire school at once, if I wanted. I could also run a report of all Ds and Fs or just Fs for the entire school. I could run it for each grade level or for each teacher or even choose the student. All at a click of boxes to choose from. I can't believe that it is taking PS three + years to be able to make this an option for school principals to be able to do. When I had FACTS, I ran the report every day. 

Why can't PS create this? It is clear that this has been requested by many, many school administrators. 

Also, I have no idea what you are referring to when you say use these numbers: 

• SIS-I-7719
  • SIS-I-6246
  • SIS-I-6857
  • SIS-I-6186

So unfortunately, my issue is not resolved or helpful. 😞

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jclarkph,

Thank you for following up for clarification.

PowerSchool Ideas Portal is used to submit enhancement ideas and feature requests for all PowerSchool solutions and products. 

The SIS-I-xxxx is the reference number in the PowerSchool Ideas Portal for the enhancement requests for the missing assignment report that other districts have submitted.

The ability to run a missing assignment report in PowerSchool SIS is yet to be established.  There are multiple enhancement requests on this in PowerSchool Ideas Portal. You can access them by searching for the below idea numbers.

• SIS-I-7719
  • SIS-I-6246
  • SIS-I-6857
  • SIS-I-6186

I recommend you locate these in the PowerSchool Ideas Portal and vote for them. The product team monitors these enhancement requests and the votes provide input as to the district's interest in each item. This article should walk you through searching and voting for enhancement requests.

As enhancements are added to PowerSchool SIS, they will be shared on the Product Roadmap PowerSchool SIS. You might find value in subscribing to this roadmap to be alerted to items in progress and up next.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
jshank1
Rookie

The link does not work. Do you have another one?

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jshank1 

Please review the link here.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!