Microsoft no more supporting SDS for PowerSchool

khurram

Microsoft no more supporting SDS for PowerSchool

Hi folks,

We just found out that Microsoft is no more supporting the SDS (School Data Sync) for the PowerSchool SIS. What are the options we have? Is there any other better way to replace the Microsoft SDS Plug-in, if yes, then how can this be done? Thanks

6 Replies
radams39
Journeyman

We are in the same boat. Microsoft has just made it more confusing to setup and no clear instructions. Microsoft support was no help at all. For large district it is probably easier as they probably have dedicated staff to deal with it but small districts don't. We might just have teachers create their own teams.

MarkK112

Hi,

With Microsoft discontinuing support for SDS in PowerSchool, you can explore third-party alternatives like Fedena, RosarioSIS, or Schoology. These platforms offer similar functionalities and may provide the integration capabilities you need. Additionally, check PowerSchool’s community forums for shared solutions by other users facing the same issue.

Best regard,
publixpassport
nicolebond
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

We just have the teachers create their own Teams.

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
radams39
Journeyman

That is what I am thinking we will be doing as well.

jhabel
Journeyman

Microsoft will support SDS on the new SDS V2 build. The problem I am told is Powerschool has not updated their plugin or integrated a new API to use the new systems yet. MS is ready to add them once Powerschool updates on their end and contacts them with the updated info. 

radams39
Journeyman

I was told the same thing but if you look at the plugin, Microsoft is the publisher of the plugin and we get the plugin from Microsoft not PowerSchool. If PowerSchool has to fix the plugin how do we find out if it is going to be done?

Plugin.png