Lunch Count

dmoreau
Journeyman

Lunch Count

Is there a way for a teacher to provide students' names when submitting the daily lunch count?

5 Replies
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @dmoreau,

To assist you further, would you please provide more information on which page are you referring or is there any specific report?

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
dmoreau
Journeyman

On the PowerTeacher Pro start page, there are different icons, one of which is a fork and knife for meal count. The meal count only asks for a total number rather than a list of students by name who order lunch, in particular. Is there a way to provide the list of student names so that those serving lunch know which students are getting them?

I hope I have provided enough information. I am very new (2 days) to this system and am learning as quickly as I can because students begin tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply and your assistance.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @dmoreau,

Thank you for providing more information!

Currently, the design allows us to enter lunch counts. However; you should be able to connect with one of the Designated Support contacts within your school district who can connect with the PowerSchool SIS Support team to review the options to display student names on lunch counts and get further assistance on this.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
sraykovich

did you ever find a solution?  we would like to do the same thing.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sraykovich!

Thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Community!

As I had mentioned earlier, the functionality wouldn't allow you to enter the names of students who take the lunch.  However, we have an existing idea on the PowerSchool Community Ideas portal on the same: SIS-I-6028

To learn more about the Ideas Portal, we recommend reviewing the article on PowerSchool Ideas Portal FAQs.

You can also use PowerLunch as it is the lunch management portion of PowerSchool. The system helps you monitor meals sold, including free and reduced lunches, as well as student account balances and transactions. PowerLunch's reporting functions are varied and useful. You should be able to create a custom report to regularly manage your own records and to provide statistics to the state, if necessary. For the most part, they are simple to produce and user-friendly. However, you are encouraged to see the sections Custom Reports and System Reports before trying to create reports.

We also recommend connecting with the PowerSchool Designated Support Contacts within your district who should be able to assist you further.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!