Locker Assignments

fitzgibbonsterry

Locker Assignments

Is there a way to block off a bank of lockers so that they do not get assigned during the mass assign process?

1 Reply
tself
Hobbyist

I believe that the way the Locker Mass Assignment tool works depends on Grade Level, Gender, and Locker Groups.

Whenever you go to mass assign lockers you must select a Grade Level/Gender or both to assign lockers to. And you can choose a locker group to include or exclude.

So for example, my school splits lockers by grade level. So, when I navigate to the Mass Assign Lockers page, to assign lockers to my freshman I will select Grade 9 from the Grade Level menu. My school does not care about Gender in terms of locker assignments so I will leave that field alone. 

The next step required prep work from before starting this process. You must have assigned all of the lockers to a locker group. I have my locker groups set up to resemble grade levels. Listed as FR, SO, JR, and SE. In order to assign the freshman that I have selected above, I will select to include the FR. Locker group. And then I will hit submit.

Now I have a screen that on the left half shows all of the students that are currently fit into the grade/gender I selected before along with their current locker assignment information. And on the right side I have a list of lockers that fit the locker group inclusion/exclusion rules I set earlier. 

At the top of the page I can select Assign Lockers to have the system automatically assign the students new lockers. 

Please note that this assignment change does not actually take effect in your system until you hit "Save Locker Assignment" and then the changes will take effect.

So to reserve a section of lockers from assignment, you may put all of those lockers into a group, and chose to exclude that group as you go through this process.