Load - Inconsistent schedule messages

BrookeG
Padawan

Load - Inconsistent schedule messages

I am getting this message.  "Section has inconsistent schedule with other sections in course:  02038G0808.11 has 2 bits set (course sections range from 2 to 4)"

I can not figure out what it is saying the problem is... Does anyone know?

13 Replies
CindyM8
Expert

There is an article on this error:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/PowerScheduler-Error-Section-has-inco...

Error Example

Warning Section has inconsistent schedule with other sections in course: MATH.2 has 3 bits set (course sections range from 3 to 6)

Solution

This message indicates that some sections of a course are not scheduled the same as other sections.   Most commonly the various sections are not scheduled in the same number of periods.

This message is warning you to check that the sections mentioned have the expected expression.  If they do, this message can be ignored.

CM

hustonbrady
Journeyman

Cindy did anyone ever answer your question on this "bits" error? I am having the same problem. 

CindyM8
Expert

Is it coming up as a data error or a warning?

CM

hustonbrady
Journeyman

Yes. I have some data errors but the "bits" is a warning. Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 9.48.47 AM.png

BrookeG
Padawan

It will not let me access the article.  I do have two courses set for that period (Expression).  However, they are different teachers and section numbers.  It is scheduling one but not the other and I am getting that error message. 

CindyM8
Expert

Hi BrookeG I pasted the text of the article in my reply.

CM

BrookeG
Padawan

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/PowerScheduler-Error-Section-has-inco...  .. Yes, however - I get this message when I click on the link.

BrookeG_0-1682008246329.png

CindyM8
Expert

I can't  help with your access to the link but all you will find there is the information I already shared which is shared again below. If there are no students loading into one of the sections I would start with making sure the section is set up correctly (does it have an expression) and check the course preferences (is the course checked to be scheduled) as well as any constraints related to the courses.

CM

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BrookeG,

Good Day! I am sorry to hear that you are facing inconvenience while trying to access the resources in the community. I will reach out to you through a case to provide you with further updates on your community access.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator  

CindyM8
Expert

Warnings are often just red flags and may be something you don't need to be concerned about. I see the inconsistent schedule warning when I have sections of the same class scheduled in different terms or (like year and semester) or expressions. I recommend reviewing the sections with the warnings and make sure those are set up correctly (for example, do the sections have all the required info including schedule term, expression, and teacher?)

CM

hustonbrady
Journeyman

Ok. Ya it looks like they are all built correct. It says all of my kids are scheduled but they aren't. When I go look at an individual kid's schedule it doesn't show up. Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 10.12.47 AM.png

CindyM8
Expert

If you are loading you have to import the load. The import of the load places the students into their classes.

CM

hustonbrady
Journeyman

Holy cow. I was basically done and didn't even know it. You rock Cindy! Thank you.